all of the branches of mangos troubles me

Guest andreasaspenberg

Hopefully people can maturely discuss it!

Yes while some other emus support cata I'm personally not bothered at all. I play retail for 4.x and MaNGOS to me is all about learning. I have gained an awful lot from this project from Linux and GCC to C++ and PHP. The community is solid and the team behind the project is mature and professional and this is what makes MaNGOS special. If I'm honest I don't even play on a MaNGOS server I just like seeing how it all works and its really quite amazing how far this project has come!

For me what matters is that MaNGOS is here since 2005, and the project is constantly growing with a mature, friendly, and reliable community. Add our branches for WoW 1.12, 2.4.3, and 3.3.5a plus our development branch with stuff to try out 4.x (yes, we have a client patcher on github).

All of these are delivered to you with love and dedication.

I do not care for Trinity, Cactus, Skyfire, whatever. Those projects are all different, and have different goals, and very, very weird communities in some cases, too.

MaNGOS is here to give you the opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge. Trinity and others are not here for this reason. WCell may be the only exception where it's all about the experience and not just gaming for free.

The people doing development are all here on the MaNGOS forums. The team is the same for the last few years with a few additions, and no losses.

What people do not see and probably do not understand is a different thing: yes, there are forks and different projects, but these are connected these days. There are Trinity developers active on the MaNGOS forums and vice versa.

In general, if your goals lay somewhere around gaining knowledge, you're at the right place here, else it is not MaNGOS you want.

i wasnt aware that the trinity developers were on these forums. though i havent been very active here lately. this was the first topic i started this year and i came back to start this discussion. i am usually on a forum called ac web. there there is very few repacks that use pure mangos. some people choose arcemu because according to one of them: arcemu is more userfriendly for funservers. therefore the mangos community should make it easier to create funservers in mangos than in arcemu. i really do prefer servers based on pure mangos.

i wasnt aware that the trinity developers were on these forums. though i havent been very active here lately. this was the first topic i started this year and i came back to start this discussion. i am usually on a forum called ac web. there there is very few repacks that use pure mangos. some people choose arcemu because according to one of them: arcemu is more userfriendly for funservers. therefore the mangos community should make it easier to create funservers in mangos than in arcemu. i really do prefer servers based on pure mangos.

Without sounding rude I think your missing the point.

I do not care for Trinity, Cactus, Skyfire, whatever. Those projects are all different, and have different goals, and very, very weird communities in some cases, too.

therefore the mangos community should make it easier to create funservers in mangos than in arcemu

Goals are different. Maybe that is ArcEmus goal, but it is not the goal of mangos.

From the homepage:

mangos is an educational project. This means, our primary interest is to learn and teach us and our users more about C++ project development in a large scale. Our software is not intended for running public servers, and we do not support that.

the mangos community should make it easier to create funservers in mangos than in arcemu. i really do prefer servers based on pure mangos.

This is probably a misunderstanding. As Drevan nicely quoted this project is not here to supply people with easy fun servers but with a platform to learn cool things about development of such servers. People who want fun servers should IMHO stay away from the MaNGOS community. We can and do not want to help them.

guess that that is it. another forum i am banned from.

Not really, why should you? Your account has not been banned, and will not be banned unless you violate our forum rules which you did not do.

The replies above just tell you that you're looking for something we probably do not offer in the MaNGOS forums, just like asking for a hair cut at your coffee shop :-D

if there hadnt been so many branches then maybe the real mangos had been better. i dont have any intentions of creating flame topics. i just think that the mangos community should stick together rather than going their separate ways.

BUT many branches are for development, as mmaps, warden etc.... tho i think the "github mangos user" should be hosting the "almost official branches"

- LilleCarl

EDIT: To the people who talk about "user friendlyness" the only thing i see is more user friendly with trintiy/arcemu is the "scripting interface" else MaNGOS is the winner of being both user friendly, mature, and stable... tho mangos sometimes lack of functionality since the implented features always has to be mature and "not hacky"

- LilleCarl (Again lulz)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use