Mangos one and zero need its own forum section (the little brothers)

Guest jsee

Why?

For now only the index page (http://getmangos.eu) contains some (not really accurate) infos.

There is no good place for their infos/stickies that anybody can find easily.

Forum section/topics would be better because anybody could post updates there.

I suggest a section for the little brothers (one, zero)

I think they are now organic part of the big mangos project.

I think (in the near bright future) when mangos will support cata there will be a mangos two (m2) branch also.

So you might think about it.

Well cata is not that near and obvious - as stated before by many respectfull people of mangos dev community.

nonetheless, i do agree a separate category or atleast a forum with some subforums for both projects would be very convenient - it would bring order and subsequently efficiency

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to agree with that sentiment, as well. It does become a little confusing seeing patches and bug reports all mixed together for Zero, One, and MaNGOS master.

On the other hand, some fixes for Zero or One can also be applied to master, with a little porting, just as master code can be backported to the "Little Brothers". Separating them into their own sub-forums might actually hinder that process.

In conclusion, I like the idea of organizing the different MaNGOS versions into separate forum categories for aesthetic reasons, but it might make development and forum administration a nightmare. Given that, I prefer making life easier for those working hard in the trenches rather than making it more convenient for us to browse only the content that interests us.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no particular forum section devoted to Zero or One, unless TheLuda decides such a change has merit.

The only helpful tip I can give you is to look for posts with MaNGOS Zero or [Zero] in the topic title. Same goes for MaNGOS One. For now, that is the accepted standard when posting about versions of MaNGOS other than the main core.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use