Realm not showing up?

• 41 years later...

I have disabled vmaps for now so I could test the server, but now I have a new problem that I may know the answer to. I can login, but I do not see my realm listed. Everything is configured correctly (IP addresses, credentials, etc), but it won't show up. Do I need to locate a database with content before the realm will show up? I assumed that all of the database work I did would have had the basic stuff ready, but I have been known to be wrong before!

Also, in the "scriptdev0/sql/Updates" directory I have 712 sql files. Do I need to run all of these updates, one at a time? I mean that is a full day of work!

Finally, if I need to download a database, which one offers the most authentic set of NPCs and quests? I have heard of Ace and a few others, but haven't looked into the matter much. I assumed they were alternates for the stock setup.

I read through that, but the links to UDB are broken. I may have found a mirror of 0.9.0 for UDB, but my concern is whether or not it works with MaNGOS-Zero. I see it contains information about Outlands, which I do not care to use, but if it works with 1.12.1, I don't have a problem using it. I guess my next question then is, will UDB and/or ACID work with the current MaNGOS-Zero builds?

I tried that but here is the problem. I am running MaNGOS-Zero, and after using UDB, I have version 11785 (may be off a bit, I am at work right now) and it needs something like z1806. I need to find a way to get a zero server off the ground for LAN only. I do not intend on putting this thing on the net.

@Xenithar: UDB is for client 3.3.5 and you need client 1.12.1 or 1.12.2. Just run this file (its a bash file and will import a full client database) [1]. And there is no realm, because there is no realm running. realmd let you log in and mangos would be the "realm" (the world where you can run around). mangos does not start because of the database mismatch.

hth

Skirnir

[1] https://github.com/mangos-zero/database/blob/develop/mysql_import

Well I just dropped my databases and recreated them. I then created the scriptdevzero database and ran those scripts. I have not applied updates for either database. I then fired up realmd and mangosd. I created an account for myself and gave myself GM access. Then I tried logging in, but no realms again. Are the updates my last step? If so, I assume that I only need the scriptdevzero updates because the mangos database appears to be at 1809 already, which the last update is. Is this correct? Also, will the linked bash script run the scriptdev updates also?

I also just saw a bunch of errors in the log about non-existent creatures. That is why I believe that I need to somehow populate the database.

Alright, I had been forgetting to import the stuff in the "zp_*" directories. Did that after dropping and recreating the databases, started relmd, started mangosd, added my account, set it as GM, no realm listed. Went into the realmd database and set the realm name to my liking and set the IP address to the LAN address of the server (172.16.0.201 in my case). Tried again. No realm showing up. I am out of ideas now. Where should I look next? This is frustrating! got the config files setup properly and the IP set correctly in the database, but no go. No errors in the logs either.

If you're running your server on the same machine you're playing WoW, then you must use the loopback address instead. That would be 127.0.0.1. Your machine's LAN IP is only used if you're running the server on a dedicated box.

On the other hand, if you're allowing friends online to play, and you do not have a static IP assigned by your internet provider, I recommend using a free service like DynDNS to set a URL that is automatically forwarded. In that case, you would use the URL, which you can choose, in your realm DB.

Also, don't forget to forward all the ports used by the server and client so your router's NAT and/or firewall allows those connections.

It is on a true, multiprocessor (Athlon MP) server system running Debian 6.0 on my LAN. I am also on the LAN. The problem was apparently a bug. I had set the realm to PVP (a setting of 1), set the locale and language to United States and English. Setting the locale back to 255 and the language back to development made the realm show up. If I set either one to anything else, the CPU spike to roughly 101% usage in top (100% on CPU0 and 1% on CPU1) and the realm won't show up. Should I report this as a bug?