PVE Hitbox

Guest Ritxarin

I found that for some bosses the hitbox is smaller than it should be. Halion for instance, if I wanna be able to melee him I have to be right under the boss, which makes it a really uncomfortable fight for melees.

Is it possible to increase the hitbox (the range from which melees are able to dps a npc) either by script of by DB?

Thanks in advance

I've been running some tests. Bounding_radius for halion was 1.8, i changed it to 10, and yet there was no difference (or the difference was not noticeable). I cannot hit the boss unless I am right below it. On the other hand, Sapphiron's bounding_radius is 0.77 and its hitbox is HUGE.

Maybe I am missing something? Here's what I did. I got modelid from creature table with id 39863 (halion's ID). The modelig I got is 31952, the I set bounding_radius to 10 for creature_model_info where modelid is 31952.

ye, Sapphirons hitbox is supposed to be HUGE. You can check it on http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15989#videos:id=10 . Problem is still the players hitbox, when a boss is attacking him :P So if you are the tank, you will always be under the bosses, since they are coming to you. Ofc i use hitbox modifications from r2, but same situation is at clean mangos too i think.

Exactly, if I am the tank i don't really care about the hitbox, because the boss will come to me. The problem comes when I am using a melee dps, I have to stand right under the boss, and that should not happen. I should be able to hit the boss from a decent distance.

Maybe you were thinking about the distance from which the boss can it you? I want to increase the distance from which I can hit the boss while in melee range (though not sure if both concepts are linked :D ). Is that possible? How?

distance, from which you can hit the boss, should be better with the ytdb data. If you tank, the problem is, that boss has to come to you to be able to hit you, thats the part, which isnt fixed yet. If you want to test hitbox correctly, do it with ".gm on", so the npcs wont be attacking you, and so, they dont have to come close to you.

So I go to Ruby Sanctum with gm mode active. The distance from which I can hit Halion is really low. I modify bounding_radius parametre for that boss, which originally was 1.8, and set it to 10. I restart the server and try again, and yet the distance from which I am able to hit Halion remains the same.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S.: I am using R2 YTDB database just in case

found some solution for hitbox as tank too, at Unit.cpp, edit the UpdateModelData() like

http://pastebin.com/AhJhaUPT

18th line isnt really correct, but it works great with ytdb data from my early tests. Found it just now, still being tested. You can test it too. I have never played on blizz, but these hitboxes look pretty correct. From what Ive seen in vide, for example sapphiron has massive hitbox, and attacks tank from huge distance. Give some feedback.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use