Hunter pets disappearing?

Xenithar

My girlfriend and I were playing on my private server tonight and came across another possible bug. She did the taming quest when she reached level ten and a short amount of time after being tamed, the animal disappeared! She passed the quest though, but then she tamed a low-level cat. Ten or fifteen minutes of playing and it just vanished as well. Now she tames a wolf and the same exact thing happens. She can use the whistle, but the pet never returns, and she has to go tame another one. Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

I am using the latest MaNGOS Zero from the main page, with no mods. I use MySQL for the DB server and run the server on Debian Squeeze (6.0) as a shell-only, server installation.

My guess is that it was one of the following:

a) She tamed the beasts using the taming rod from the class quest, and that is supposed to be just a temporary taming, you need to complete the whole taming quest chain in order to get the taming spell.

b) She didn't feed the pet after taming to increase it's happiness, so the pet ran away (possible after a gnome)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use