[One] Health Funnel & Warlock Pets

Le Froid

Here's a bug i discovered after updating to the latest mangos rev--

Mangos Version: 1467

Custom Patches: MMaps-One

SD2 Version: 2388

Database Name and Version : TBC-DB 1.2.1 'Winter Veil Fun'

How it SHOULD work: The spell 'Health Funnel' should simply channel the warlock's heath to his pet, and nothing else.

How it DOES work: As of now, from what I've noticed your pet will attack you if you try this spell after exiting combat. Perhaps it thinks that you're attacking it? When I dismissed the pet and summoned a new one it wouldn't fight me back.

Edit: I also just noticed after running away from a hostile NPC my pet would chase after me and attack me. So maybe in one of the latest revisions the pet/minion system got screwed up in some fashion?

Final Edit: After doing some testing I have concluded that rev s1462 is to blame for this bug, after reverting the revision the pet system went back to normal for me.

This bug exists, because the warlock gets damage on his own and not caused by any other target.

fix with: https://gist.github.com/1694390

greetings, dac

Thank you for the input DaC, however for some reason my system gets compiler errors after applying that patch:

error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'bool' to 'Pet *'

I can edit the code to look like this:

if (Pet* pet = GetPet())
       if (this != attacker)
           pet->AttackedBy(attacker);

however I don't understand why that specific patch won't work.

Edit: After some testing with this patch it does appear to work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use