Building on Cygwin

macks

I would really prefer to build MaNGOS on Cygwin rather than downloading the massive (and only "free trial") Visual Studio Express. When attempting to do so, I am running into errors that I do not know how to fix.

For example, at the beginning of the build of TBB make begins to attempt to call "cl" the Microsoft C compiler, even though $(CC) in the makefiles should be referencing gcc, not cl. It calls gcc when I type it into bash, for example.

When running cmake, I get a notification explicitly stating that the makefile is being made as if I were running a Unix-like operating system, so I am uncertain why it is trying to use anything other than the installed gcc.

While I can probably learn a bit of C by going through the files as errors occur, doing research to find out what I need to do to fix them, and repeating. However, all I'd really be doing is porting the application and that isn't something I want to do unless there's no other way (might be fun, but only if it's required.)

Could anyone assist me in either case?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use