[SOLVED] Mangos Zero, Realmlist just dissapeared

Guest lillecarl

Hey guys, feels kinda awkward to ask this question... But the realm entry have dissapeared.

It is very strange, tho i think it could have been after a apt-get dist-upgrade. But im not sure

I have tested alot of ports, from 8085 to 8129 (not all in the range but a few)

i have tested to insert both my domain name and the server ip address into the realmlist table.

This is how the table looks

id name address port icon realmflags timezone allowedsecuritylevel population realmbuilds

1 KalimdorGaming 46.21.100.43 8129 1 64 2 0 0,002 5875 6005

RealmID = 1

DataDir = "../etc"

LogsDir = ""

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;server;server;realmd"

WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;server;server;mangos"

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;server;server;char"

LoginDatabaseConnections = 1

WorldDatabaseConnections = 1

CharacterDatabaseConnections = 1

MaxPingTime = 30

WorldServerPort = 8129

BindIP = "0.0.0.0"

When i used a online portscanner is said that the port 8085 8129 etc... were unaccessible, even if i do not have any firewall/iptables installed. And some players can still log onto the server with some kind of cache or something which ports them directly to the worldserver. If you need any more information, just tell me i will provide it

EDIT:

Just wanna add this:

MySQL client library: 5.1.49
MySQL server ver: 5.1.49-3
Added realm "KalimdorGaming"

WORLD: World initialized
SERVER STARTUP TIME: 0 minutes 2 seconds
Max allowed socket connections 1024
Starting up anti-freeze thread (15 seconds max stuck time)...

Thanks in advance

- LilleCarl

I know you said you solved it, but you did actually start the realm server right? I know really silly question but i just had a friend ask why his changes to his apache setup weren't taking place and when i asked if he had restarted the service it was one of those obvious *facepalm* moments as he put it

Sorry for the delay, but if you went from Lenny to Squeeze (dist-upgrade), your kernel changed. I would recommend rebuilding both your realm server and your world server now. Lenny used kernel 2.6.26 and Squeeze uses 2.6.32. Big difference.

Also, don't roll the latest kernel from kernel.org just yet if you use sound on your box. ALSA doesn't compile under the last several versions due to removal of something, but I cannot remember what just yet. This includes the latest stable release on the ALSA site. I tried on my business laptop, which also runs Squeeze, and ALSA would not compile at all. Had to go back. I believe the highest one you can compile and have no issues with is 2.6.36 or 2.6.37.

Thing is, that i didnt go from lenny to squeeze, i were running squueze before aswell, and i recompiled the core and realmserver again, even deleted the "build dir" and "recmaked" but anyways, i did a reset and went back to the previous setup and it worked ^^, Thanks anyways for the replies, tho it would be fun if we could come to a conclusion about what is was that caused it =)

Now it just happened again, its just gone, it just dissapeared while running, i restarted realmd and mangosd, even restarted the server box, but nothing....

What ports do realmd and mangosd communicate on? Im talking to the hosting company about it at the moment

EDIT:

I know you said you solved it, but you did actually start the realm server right? I know really silly question but i just had a friend ask why his changes to his apache setup weren't taking place and when i asked if he had restarted the service it was one of those obvious *facepalm* moments as he put it

Yes its started properly, its wierd because it just happens :S It might be on server crash, but im not sure, and the realmflags are 64 (online flag)

Just some misc info:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-emulator-servers/wow-emu-guides-tutorials/289122-guide-workaround-blank-realm-list-mangos.html

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-emulator-servers/wow-emu-questions-requests/331508-no-realmlist.html

Im looking everywhere, but cannot understand what the problem can be xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use