I compiled, installed & setup my Mangos(12340) server and Won! but....

bugeyedcreepy

...I have some minor issues. Well, I'm hoping they're minor.

As stated, despite my n00bie Mangos Admin status, I defied the odds and successfully compiled, installed and setup my Mangos Install on a Linux server using build 12340, Scriptdev2 (latest release was for 11792 with the 11840 update) and Acid, Udb release 403 (latest release is for Mangos 11840) and have been able to create accounts, login and create characters, do all the usua GM Skullthuggery in world, complete quests but there are issues which I've so far found no fixes for and I'm not sure this is the right forum for them. I have to start somewhere so I'll ask here. :)

As much as I can talk to NPC's and train up, buy/sell and get quests, go out complete them and hand them in, I'm having issues with a wide variety of unusual quests that require more than just killing mobs or collecting feet or brains, etc. This also seems to be varied evenly right across the world environment, such quests as the DK's "Eye of Acherus" starting area quest or the Bloodelf racial using Arcane Torrent on a mana worm, the Dranei racial heal on the crash survivors and even the Human Priest quest to heal & buff the sentry dude at the river's edge (sorry, quest names escape me..) are never achievable and never complete despite doing what is required especially since I can do these exact things on Blizz's live servers. I've also noticed some weird traits for world elements for things that just shouldn't happen, for example, the Webbed crusaders at the start of the Argent Vanguard area in Icecrown will attack me with...well ... whatever it is they think they're doing to me and slide across the ground chasing me around while they do it. ( xD ). When I turn around and kill said webbed crusader, no actual crusader or mob spawns from it as expected. Is this a database thingie where some sort of script ought to be called however isn't? How do i troubleshoot such things??

I've also noticed while hunting around here & on the web in the hope that someone else may have for my experienced/fixed this, that others are also seeing other unusuals such as innocuous camp or brazier fires that cause burn damage from 15 feet or so away. Is there some unusual know-how that we're all missing on that point?

Please help this n00b server admin realise his eutopian WotLK Server World!

Thanks!!

Hey Bugeyedcreepy,

Most quests are handled in the database unless they are really complexed, the ones you mentioned should be handled in the database. They don't really have any simple and short answer to fix since they all use special conditions during the quest. I'd suggest heading over to UDB and learn a little bit about the quest tables in the database.

Okay, New Question so hoping it's appropriate to tack on here rather than raising a new topic everytime I think of something minor... What is the most popular/appropriate website framework in use for registering, management and armory style goosenecking at my characters? I'm looking to easily create & manage my accounts and somewhere hopefully that my friends can do the same? I'm curently looking at MangosWeb Enhanced and kinda mucking around with the MWEnhanced_Armory that seems to interact well with MWE and another package that's also listed here which seems pretty popular...(WoWArmory??) Both seem to be a little dated and one is advertising itself as superceded with another project. In any case, I may also look at integrating a forum but I seriously doubt I have so many friends & family that I need to do one.

xD

That said, if one is attached on such a framework, who am I to not take advantage of it??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use