Mangos-one maps extraction problem

Hi there everyone. I'm attempting to get a mangos-one (i.e. TBC-version) installation working and am getting hung up on a missing maps file. Here's the error I get when trying to run mangosd:

Check existing of map file './maps/5301243.map': not exist!

Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in './

vmaps'. Please place *.map and vmap files in appropriate directories or correct

the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

I have been going around and around with this problem for a while. Here are the things I have already tried:

• The DataDir value is set to "." and the maps folder is in the core directory.
  • Since I have multiple WoW installs on my computer, I ran ad.exe from the command line and manually specified the input and output directories.
  • I extracted maps and dbc from a WoW install which is running 2.4.3 (8606) just like mangos-one specifies.
  • I am using the copy of ad.exe that came with the git repo of mangos-one, in /contrib/extractor_binary
  • My mangosd.conf is set to "Expansion = 1"

What am I missing here? It seems like I've done all the obvious things and that something non-obvious is wrong now. :(

Edit: To be clear, the file is not extracted by ad.exe. I just re-complied ad.exe and it still doesn't extract the file in question to /maps, which suggests that it is a problem with either ad.exe or my WoW install, but I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot it at this point.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Try running the ExtractResources.sh in the extractor_binary folder, there you should be able to choose what to extract and what not to extract.

Please remember extracting mmaps could take anywhere up to 24 hours so select no if you don't plan on waiting that long since mmaps are optional.

Try running the ExtractResources.sh in the extractor_binary folder, there you should be able to choose what to extract and what not to extract.

Please remember extracting mmaps could take anywhere up to 24 hours so select no if you don't plan on waiting that long since mmaps are optional.

This really doesn't answer my question at all. I'm trying to extract dbc and maps, which uses ad.exe, which I have pointed at the right place. I can read the ExtractResources.sh script just fine, but it didn't work for me with vmaps because vmaps tries to "detect" which WoW installation folder to use and it was picking the wrong one.

HOWEVER. I believe I have found the solution, which is that I had a 2.4.3 client which was not actually "The Burning Crusade", but rather a 2.4.3-patched version of the vanilla client. I am trying to find a working TBC installer now and I believe that will solve my problem.

Yep, that was it. I had to download a TBC CD image and install that on top of my WoW 1.12 folder, and THEN patch to 2.4 > 2.4.3 and run the extractors at that point. I guess maybe the installer guide thread could use a note about that quirk for TBC, since right now it only links to the FilePlanet Patches page, which lacks that detail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use