Some questions

Hello ^^

I have some question:

1) How much bandwidth does it take a user when he played on the server? How much memory?

2) I can't create item, spells or itemset because they are no in .dbc files, Can I only use Mysql db and not .dbc? How can I modify .dbc files?

3) What is mmaps?!?

----

Sorry For my bad english, I'm french :(

1: Depends on packet compression and if nagle is enabled. Memory depends on where the players are located and what your "unload timers" are on, but calculate on a startup base of 150mb and each player 1-2 mb just to get a hint.

2: You can create custom items, but that is not recommended. Since you have to modify the game client to make it work.

3: Mmaps means movement maps, which means that the server calculates a path for creatures/charge etc... to follow, instead of going trough walls and air.

1: Depends on packet compression and if nagle is enabled. Memory depends on where the players are located and what your "unload timers" are on, but calculate on a startup base of 150mb and each player 1-2 mb just to get a hint.

Is that a joke? The bandwidth per player is a few kilobits/sec MAXIMUM; usually they will probably use far less. A 150Mbit/sec connection is easily enough for tens of thousands of players.

Also unload timers only affects CPU/memory usage. Has no effect on bandwidth.

Is that a joke? The bandwidth per player is a few kilobits/sec MAXIMUM; usually they will probably use far less. A 150Mbit/sec connection is easily enough for tens of thousands of players.

The question was in two parts, one about bandwidth, the second part about memory usage, it was answered in the same way, so the 150MB was about memory usage, not bandwidth. The unload timers were also in reference to memory usage, not bandwidth. At least that's how I read it.

Now a question of my own, earlier when MMAPS was in development I read that all the MMAPS were being loaded at startup, and not unloaded, and it needed 2,5GB of memory. Is this still the case, and if not, how is memory usage and CPU load with full MMAPS en VMAPS enabled? (I've only ever tested with two people online at the same time with full VMAPS, so my old server and my connection haven't been stressed, and I was wondering if MMAPS was still out of the question with only 1GB or RAM).

If you have tile unload enabled, and only 1-2 players, you don't even need 1gb to run mangos, regardless of what other options you enable.

If you have tile unload disabled, mmaps will add well over a 1gb to your peak memory requirement. I think it's somewhere around 1.5gb on disk of just data, which doesn't include runtime allocations for navmesh and pathfinding.

If you have a small server, just leave tile unload enabled.

IF you could read you would see that i did type about the memory use aswell, about the traffic usage i can tell you that i were participating in a low pop server (5-50)24/7, and it used about 250 mb in both directions on more then a week.

Arrogant!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use