Visual Studio 2010 & Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

Guest Ruafo

Okay, I am feeling a little dense here. I've been doing this for years, but can't seem to get this right.

For years I've been using Visual Studio 2008 and finally upgraded to 2010.

I have installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) so I can run my core on my Windows 2003 Server.

My problem is, I can't figure out where the heck the VC++ Directories are modified. Are they added by default? or do I need to change them?

When I go where I used to (Tools > Options > VC++ Directories) under projects and Solutions... I get:

VC++ Directories are now available as a user property sheet that is added by default to all projects.

Ok, I sort of get that. So I right clicked on "ACE_Wrappers" (for example) and chose "Properties" Then I go to VC++ Directories and I have the option to add them there.

Okay: So HERE is my question:

I have to do that for EVERY project? Isn't there a way to do that globally like I did before?

Please, tell me if I'm being dense here. :)

As far as I know you no longer have to do that.

Really? Because the SDK directories weren't there when I went to that location on the property pages. But I was able to add them... on a per project basis. But just not on solution wide basis.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use