Incoming changes

Guest theluda_

Hi X-Savior,

I think it is always nice to have another source as backup if the owner of one of the repos decides to magically (or rather dramatically) go AWOL and lock down/delete the repository.

I agree with you that for releases the db should be one neat file which users can apply to their servers. It is rather easy to create such a file automagically, or provide very simple scripts that can create it whenever the user wants to.

For development... I am not sure. It depends on the pipeline and tools. Would you be so kind and provide some input on this topic http://getmangos.eu/bb/topic/232/content-development-tools/ ? (tl;dr: editing raw SQL is not the nicest way to work on content (and maybe also keeps away new devs). Some tools with automagical error detection and checking may be nicer and easier. Let us create some tools with the valued input from seasoned DB devs)

[EDIT] This topic has been hijacked and rehijacked - maybe we should move the TBCDB related discussion to the TBCDB section?[/EDIT]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the reason for this, SADraco, is due to Outdoor PvP still undergoing development.

Although complete enough to finally make inclusion into the core, only the foundation has been put in place. Many PvP zones still need proper scripting. The village in Nagrand comes to mind, with all the NPC combatants.

I believe the reason for this, SADraco, is due to Outdoor PvP still undergoing development.

Although complete enough to finally make inclusion into the core, only the foundation has been put in place. Many PvP zones still need proper scripting. The village in Nagrand comes to mind, with all the NPC combatants.

Sorry but I have to correct you, all included outdoor pvp zones work almost flawlessly. He might have forgotten to include the db updates and might not have the newest db version of his provider.

Hi guys first thanks awsome work - please look at : The Overlook in Hellfire Penensula in Outlands seem like it doesent Whanna work -just fought ya might whanna know

Mine works ok too, what Version of MaNGOS are you using...and did you add setting to the config file ??? them was only 2 questions i seen not ask to you that could be the trouble

alexluana, you may be happy to know that kid10's work on vehicles is laying the groundwork for also implementing NPCs on transports. There are also people working on Wintergrasp and other battleground features.

You can find development topics on all these, and more, in the WoTLK core forum section.

hello,

I wish to suggest on the todo list with this 2 things:

- wintergrasp

Wintergrasp will have to wait for vehicles first.

Probably the missing battlegrounds and some battleground rework would be nice to have before starting on WG (I hope Stfx can help here :) )

Also, now that we have the Opvp in place, and we have some battlefield stuff already WIP by netcho, it would be a piece of cake to add Wintergrasp.

hello,

I wish to suggest on the todo list with this 2 things:

- wintergrasp

Wintergrasp will have to wait for vehicles first.

Probably the missing battlegrounds and some battleground rework would be nice to have before starting on WG (I hope Stfx can help here :) )

Also, now that we have the Opvp in place, and we have some battlefield stuff already WIP by netcho, it would be a piece of cake to add Wintergrasp.

I am for derivation battlefield class from outdoorpvp class, but some outdoorpvp methods then need corrections

I am for derivation battlefield class from outdoorpvp class, but some outdoorpvp methods then need corrections

It might be possible.

Maybe you can give me a few example, since I'm not very familiar with WG.

I know that we only need GO 33, which will also send eventIDs when destroyed / rebuild. This can be handled in a similar way like the current HandleEvent function. The rest is just scripting...

It might be possible.

Maybe you can give me a few example, since I'm not very familiar with WG.

I know that we only need GO 33, which will also send eventIDs when destroyed / rebuild. This can be handled in a similar way like the current HandleEvent function. The rest is just scripting...

https://github.com/Zakamurite/mangos/tree/opvp-upgrade

Something like this.

- GO damage events are to be checked with opvp->HandleEvent (is player that damaged go member of battlefield, faction check, battlefield status check, etc)

- SendUpdateWorldStateForMap - used to send wintergrasp destructible GO states, as they are seen in whole northrend

- BuffTeam - add parameters to buff only members or only players in given areas (wintergrasp area-dependent phase auras, like http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56617 or http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56618)

i see HandlePlayerEnterArea to be only used to buff players with area-dependent auras, though they can be buffed by spell_area, if someone can modify it to support conditions, then such method can be removed

Something like this.

- GO damage events are to be checked with opvp->HandleEvent (is player that damaged go member of battlefield, faction check, battlefield status check, etc)

This needs to be checked when damaging the GO. Each GO has it's own faction. If WG is captured by Alliance, the wall-gameobjects will be the ones for the Alliance. Similar for the horde.

So a team member cannot damage his own team faction gameobjects. This will be checked in the Spell effect. We don't need to check this in WG script.

A similar approach is with Halaa. Each team has it's own gameobjects.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived