[One] Playerbot (TBC)

Guest blueboy_

Hi polovi,

This is an old cookie :lol: Chances are you're using a Windows shell like Git Bash. The included utility 'grep.exe' is very old and needs upgrading. You can do this manually

• Find the 'bin' folder for the installed git shell on your system. This should contain the old grep.exe.

• Extract all these files to your shell bin folder.

Your grep.exe utility will now recognise the '-m' option

Hope this helps

Thank you for your help! Actually I also got conflicts. It happed not only by Direct Merge Method but also by Prepared Patch Method. I tried fixing it manually, but it was quite difficult.

Hi pyza,

They may well have added stuff to the TBC core since I updated the playerbot code last. This would explain why your getting merge conflicts. I'll take a look at the code shortly and fix any conflicts I find.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your help! Actually I also got conflicts. It happed not only by Direct Merge Method but also by Prepared Patch Method. I tried fixing it manually, but it was quite difficult.

I have now fixed the code https://github.com/blueboy/portalone (branch Master) to remove merge conflicts and whitespace errors that would present problems to either approach. The code compiles without issue, but there is still a problem running the code. Something is preventing full character logon. I will look into this more later today.

Hope this helps

O.K My bad,

I have now fixed the code to allow player characters to logon properly. When fixing the merge conflicts, I inadvertently removed

session->HandlePlayerLogin((LoginQueryHolder*)holder);

from CharacterHandler.cpp. I have now restored this and I can confirm that the code now runs fine :D

Hope this helps

I saw that change. Thanks very much!

O.K My bad,

I have now fixed the code to allow player characters to logon properly. When fixing the merge conflicts, I inadvertently removed

session->HandlePlayerLogin((LoginQueryHolder*)holder);

from CharacterHandler.cpp. I have now restored this and I can confirm that the code now runs fine :D

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

To Blueboy

Your portalone works well. Thank you for your great works! Today I noticed one thing: player bots seem unable to learn talents. Let me make an example. Create a bot account, enter the game, use the command ".learn all_mytalents", then exit the bot account. After that, enter the main account, use the command ".bot add ***", then check bot's talents, you will see nothing.

Hi,

I think your still confusing core gm commands, with those of playerbot. All available command syntax for use with bots can be obtained using the online 'help' command.

/w botname help /* For general information. */

/w botname help <specific command>

e.g. For talent manipulation

/w botname help talent

'talent learn': Lists linked talents that can be learnt with unspent talent points.

'talent learn [TALENT]': Has me learn the linked talent.

'talent reset': Resets my talents. Assumining I have the appropriate amounts sparkly gold, shiny silver, and... unrusted copper.

Note that the [TALENT] link is obtained from the output from the 'talent learn' command. I'm not sure whether the TBC client allows you to obtain the link by hover/select (with mouse), from the bots talent window.

You can also get more information offline with the doc file in the source 'doc/README.Playerbot' and from our 'WIKI' site . Apologise that the offline documentation may not be completely up-to-date.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your help! After typing the command, it says "I have 61 free talent points to spend." and "the talents I can learn: [Arcane Subtlety]..." But using the command "talent learn [Arcane Subtlety]" makes no sense. Nothing changes at all.

By the way, I can see the window of bot talents. But it shows that the bot has 0 talent points and all icons are grey. It is a little strange.

Hi,

I think your still confusing core gm commands, with those of playerbot. All available command syntax for use with bots can be obtained using the online 'help' command.

/w botname help /* For general information. */

/w botname help <specific command>

e.g. For talent manipulation

/w botname help talent

'talent learn': Lists linked talents that can be learnt with unspent talent points.

'talent learn [TALENT]': Has me learn the linked talent.

'talent reset': Resets my talents. Assumining I have the appropriate amounts sparkly gold, shiny silver, and... unrusted copper.

Note that the [TALENT] link is obtained from the output from the 'talent learn' command. I'm not sure whether the TBC client allows you to obtain the link by hover/select (with mouse), from the bots talent window.

You can also get more information offline with the doc file in the source 'doc/README.Playerbot' and from our 'WIKI' site . Apologise that the offline documentation may not be completely up-to-date.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Yes the 'inspect' talent window works slightly different for players and bots.

Player:

All available talents to learn are highlighted in the window (i.e. initially all first row talents are highlighted with '0' points spent and the total spent shown at the bottom. For the player you can select talents from the client window, you can't do this for the bots.

Bot:

Bots do not have an independent active session, like players. Initially the system does not know the status of the bot talents, until a 'CMSG_INSPECT' update has been sent. So initially all talents appear grayed out. Only when a point is spent will the update be made.

The playerbot commands to do this update ( Example level 20 warrior bot, who has not yet spent any talent points).

> /t [botname] talent

[botname] whispers: I have 11 talent points to spend.

Cost to reset all Talents is 1 gold

Displays the number of talent points unspent and the cost to reset all talent points.

>/t [botname] talent learn

[botname] whispers: I have 11 talent points to spend.

The talents I can learn:

[improved Heroic Strike][improved Rend][Deflection][Cruelty][booming

Voice][Anticipation][Tactical Mastery][improved Bloodrage]

Simulates what the client talent window does for the players (i.e displays talent links for all available first row talents for all schools "Arms, Fury & Protection".

To learn Improved Herioc Strike

>/t [botname] talent learn [improved Heroic Strike]

To select [improved Heroic Strike] link <Shift Key><Click Left Mouse Button> on output from 'talent learn' command.

If you now examine the talent 'inspect' window for the bots and use 'talent' or 'talent learn' again, you will see that the information has now been correctly updated. The bot will have spent 1 point [improved Heroic Strike] will be highligted on the client and you will now have 10 points unspent.

Hope this helps

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, your bot is awesome!

Is it possible to make it so, so whn someone whisper your bot and this one is not the bot master, he will see indication that the player was whispered. Because now if someone whisper bot he get responce from the bot but there is no indication to the player for his whisper. I mean if you can make it so if someone whisper bot and he is not the master let him feel this is normal player but just don't want to respond to his whisper. Is it possible?

And latest tbc scriptdev2 build fail wiith this version of playerbot wit erros:

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\temple_of_ahnqiraj\\boss_sartura.cpp(111): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1> c:\\users\\professional\\desktop\\portaltbc-master\\src\\game\\Creature.h(465) : see declaration of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\temple_of_ahnqiraj\\boss_sartura.cpp(121): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1> c:\\users\\professional\\desktop\\portaltbc-master\\src\\game\\Creature.h(465) : see declaration of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\temple_of_ahnqiraj\\boss_sartura.cpp(148): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\temple_of_ahnqiraj\\boss_sartura.cpp(160): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\temple_of_ahnqiraj\\boss_sartura.cpp(226): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\temple_of_ahnqiraj\\boss_sartura.cpp(236): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\temple_of_ahnqiraj\\boss_sartura.cpp(263): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\temple_of_ahnqiraj\\boss_sartura.cpp(274): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\outland\\black_temple\\boss_supremus.cpp(222): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

1>..\\scripts\\outland\\black_temple\\boss_supremus.cpp(257): error C2039: 'FixateTarget' : is not a member of 'Creature'

Hi,

The bots will only take commands from the account master. If normal player from a different account tries to communicate with the bots, the player will be told,

"I can't talk to you. Please speak to my master "

Sorry I cannot resolve this build issue, as the playerbot code your using is not supported on this forum. If you would like me to resolve this, please contact me on the playerbot forum. The link can be found on the first post of this topic.

Supported playerbot code for TBC on this forum

https://github.com/blueboy/portalone (master & onenew-ai branches)

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

As promised, I have now pushed a fresh playerbot port to support MaNGOS one. This resolves the core (code format) merge issues that existed in the original branches (master & onenew-ai). The code in the new master branch represents the latest playerbot code and it compiles and appears to run without issue. If you do find a problem please do not hesitate in letting us know.

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...
  • madmax unpinned this topic

Archived