Spreading the word...

Guest runningnak3d_

Here is a post I just made on the TC forums. TheLuda, it seems you are actually heading in the direction that I started in a few years ago. I hope you stick with it.

Until such time as this topic gets closed (which in the past would NEVER happen in the offtopic forum), make a comment if you think that Trinity has become the new MaNGOS.

Trinity was started because the MaNGOS devs were a bunch of egotistical assholes. Here recently I have been watching the posts that were made, and the replies (or closing) of those topics. It is a damn shame....

Yea, everyone does it in their free time, blah, blah, blah -- but that doesn't give you the right to be an asshole.

We came a long ways because it was FUN, and a lot of the devs that are still with Trinity were brought in by me -- and they were *fun*.

It seems now that they have just gotten these huge heads, and are complete assholes.

That is fucked up.

Also, one of the key things that Trinity was founded on was adding functionality that allowed you to have a totally NON-BLIZZLIKE experience -- *IF YOU WANTED IT*.

Where the fuck did all that go?

-- Brian

Co-Founder of Trinty (with KingPin)

Founder of UDB and TDB

Now some advice...

Trinity has far surpassed MaNGOS in every aspect except mmaps. Take their code, and build on it instead of re-inventing the wheel.

Why am I writing this here? I want to go back to just being a DB / scripting dude, but I want to do it for ONE core -- a core that isn't built by assholes.

-- Brian (AKA runningnaked)

EDIT: link to the post on TC for those interested: http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/6728-raise-your-hand/

Trinity has far surpassed MaNGOS in every aspect except mmaps. Take their code, and build on it instead of re-inventing the wheel.

Yes and no, Trinity is (now) build by hacks and they knownledge about wow is equal to 0, most of their code aren't blizzlike at all and is actually gamebreaking, i was working on TC few weeks ago until i realized that i was wasting my time fixing bugs because each time i merged with them they break my fixes and i had to revert their commit because they were wrong.

I've swicthed to MaNGOS because their commit is good and they take their time instead of TC which commit way to often and mostly bad thing.

As you said this is a fun project and every fun project take the time to speak with the commmunity, you'll never find that on TC forum or IRC. You will be kicked/banned from both or get your thread closed.

Anyway i'm glad to see you're back into MaNGOS, you're one of my favorite dev :D

I will definitely stick to what I posted. It's been to long without a direction and that is why we - the team - are now putting our effort in getting stuff done open and always with fun and a sense for that feeling of awesomeness we wanted when mangos was young.

It's probably a 2nd spring time for this project and you will see a lot more coming soon. Well in the next days once I finish moving. :-)

Must be a joke, trinity has passed mangos in all way!:)

I didnt mean that, sry rly xD Cannot remember typing that at all. I think sticking with mangos as base is better!:) Mangos is not rly reinventing the wheel. MaNGOS is inventing the infatable wheel witch shocks etc... While trinity invented a stone wheel without suspension?;D

I've stuck with mangos all my life, it just always seems like the best solution, sure other emulators sometimes make more progress or sometimes get more features working like vehicles, but there usually done really poorly and end up breaking the game more then it fixes it, thats why I stick to mangos, they do things slow and right.

*btw i know my post count is low but I been following mangos since TBC :P*

With all my respect Brian, I can't understand what are you trying to say : that mangos should unite forces with TC ? I support the idea that there should be only one emulator project, so that the progress can be steady and people can get proper support but it seems so radical to many people that it has actually become impossible

• 2 months later...

Archived