NPC's walking in walls and landscape

Auntie Mangos

Question

12 answers to this question

Hello all !

Got the following problem on my server : npc's are walking pass walls and landscape !

I understood I should download mmaps put cant find the active link for that.

Got the following information on server.log : WORLD: mmap pathfinding enabled

would appreciate any help !

Thanks!

p.s. my server is : Using World DB: UDB 0.12.1 (401) for MaNGOS 11376 with SD2 SQL for rev. 2036

2012-08-07 09:10:14 Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.0.8 - Full Release for Mangos (3.3.5a Client)

You have to extract the mmaps from your game client. The binary extractors are located with the mangos source files in the subdirectory : contrib/extractors.

Be patient as extracting mmpas is a very long process: it takes hours. I mean: really takes hours.

You have to extract the mmaps from your game client. The binary extractors are located with the mangos source files in the subdirectory : contrib/extractors.

Be patient as extracting mmpas is a very long process: it takes hours. I mean: really takes hours.

Some time ago it took me over 24h (all mmaps, on a not-really-that-slow-notebook but I was doing some other stuff meanwhile). :)

rump if you get the source you have an folder called "extractor_binary" in {yourlocalmangosrepo}/contrib

In this folder you can find all extractors: https://github.com/mangos/mangos/tree/master/contrib/extractor_binary

Just copy them all to your wow folder.

Then you run "./ExtractResources.sh" from gitbash (in the folder).

It will leads you through the extraction-process.

If you only want to extract mmaps just run MoveMapGen.exe but care that vmaps-folder exists and the maps already got extracted.

GreeZ

ZuSe

Thank you for your help.

Infortunatly this doesn't work.

@TuX Followed your lead. Copied mangos/contrib in my wow folder. Gitbashed on contrib, in the console ./ExtractResources.sh.

Got the message : "sh exe": ./ExtractResources.sh: No such file or directory :(

Also wen I run MoveMapGen exe; got the message : "maps" directory is empty or does not exist :(

@Rog360 already found your link in my search for these mmaps... links to the maps are dead :(

Rog360 could you be kind enough to share your mmaps?

Thanks !

Archived