Problems with tortoise

Guest Svarr_

Question

Yes, its me again..

Now I have a problem with Tortoise SVN. First, the tutorial says I must choose SVN checkout in the context menu to clone ScriptDev2. But this command isnt there, probably because they changed it in newer versions of Tortoise. As the last time I choose Pull... when right clicking on the ScriptDev2 folder. But then it tortoise clones all the files in the mangos folder instead of the folder I clicked. This hasn't happened to me before.

What did I do wrong?

10 answers to this question

Use Tortoise GUI and in the Target Directory field introduce full path e.g. "Mangos/src/bindings/Scriptdev2/".

Note: Scriptdev2 directory musn't be there before cloning.

There is no Tortoise GUI...

Those are the options I have with Tortoise:

contextmenu.jpg

The Programs in the startmenu folder don't seem to be helpful.

Use Tortoise GUI and in the Target Directory field introduce full path e.g. "Mangos/src/bindings/Scriptdev2/".

Note: Scriptdev2 directory musn't be there before cloning.

There is no Tortoise GUI...

Those are the options I have with Tortoise:

contextmenu.jpg

The Programs in the startmenu folder don't seem to be helpful.

Look right above git branches

git gui

git branch ---> menuu

Did you install Tortoise before or after you installed msysgit? You must have msysgjt installed first.

If you did that correctly, then the other likely cause is a bad install. This same problem happened to me. Using the Repair option did not work. To fix it, I had to do a complete uninstall of Tortoise Git, reboot, and then reinstall.

In extreme cases, you may have to also uninstall msysgit, reboot, and then reinstall your Git software in the proper order. Don't know why, but Windows seems to dislike Git and the installers for msysgit and Tortoise Git can be glitchy.

Archived