Quit project

Schmoozerd

Hello Community.

Sadly I must inform you that I am leaving development under this roof.

For me it is impossible to work with the new way "the leaders" want me to.

I have not considered which ways related to wow-development (if any) I will persue in the future.

If the establishment doesn't want me here, i don't have to be here at all.

Good luck with your future endavours!

How? That is your only word for such kind of contributor?

Iam starting to wonder if you TheLuda realy want to make some more evolution to mangos code.

I didn't forget the last about 3 month of blackout of this forum and now this.

cheers

How? That is your only word for such kind of contributor?

I already expressed my best wishes via private message, and I explicitly kept my reply short to avoid people reading anything into it.

I didn't forget the last about 3 month of blackout of this forum and now this.

Private life sometimes interferes with projects done for fun. And with regards to my intentions.... I am now paying the bills for this project for seven years without making a single dime of it. What does that tell you? I could have bought a car instead, and I probably should have considering that obviously very kind rumors circle regarding my intentions.

I can only recommend to keep things civil.

I was wondering how quickly this thread would turn negative, which in my opinion is the exact opposite of what should be happening. Even if Schmoozerd had mixed feelings about leaving, if it were me i would not want to come back to a community where everyone is at each others' throats. The most we should do is wish Schmoozerd the best. We've had many developers/testers/users leave in the past and that will not change in the future. Every time someone leaves, someone new joins. I am not saying that Schmoozerd will be replaced at all, just that our community will not crumble due to the loss. As far as the differences between other Devs and Schmoozerd, this is between them and should not be speculated upon and nobody should be attacked, theluda has done more than should have been asked of him and blaming him or any other developer for being the reason another dev leaves is completely wrong. Instead of getting angry maybe everyone should put that energy into something creative and actually contribute to the project so that devs don't have the stress and burden of doing everything themselves.

With all of that said, i do completely wish Schmoozerd the best even if the path your taking now leads you away from mangos. I've always enjoyed reading your forum posts and the way you've always involved yourself in helping people

It makes me sad reading such posts.

I always felt comfortable asking you questions Schmoozerd (and I'm sorry if I annoyed you with them).

I will surely miss your input in discussions mostly on IRC (although I rarely participate myself).

Thanks both of you, you will be greatly missed.

I can only hope mangos goes on as strong as it has done the past years.

I already expressed my best wishes via private message, and I explicitly kept my reply short to avoid people reading anything into it.

Hope you done it well in private way, it's the minimum you can do for all work he has done here.

But in this difficult time, see your only active developper leaving seem to not affect you so much... That's what i see and probably what we can only see.

Olso, quit project because there is no more fun to work on it is something, but leave with "For me it is impossible to work with the new way "the leaders" want me to." is another thing!

I know the quality of the code produced by Schmoozerd, so who this words are pointings? Admins.

Private life sometimes interferes with projects done for fun. And with regards to my intentions.... I am now paying the bills for this project for seven years without making a single dime of it. What does that tell you? I could have bought a car instead, and I probably should have considering that obviously very kind rumors circle regarding my intentions.

I can only recommend to keep things civil.

I think iam civil. Surely you have a great part in this project, i doesn't know all the reason of this leave, so iam not pointing you. I am pointing only your reaction and admins of mangos. Iam not sure if it's only you.

Anyway regarding future of this forum i think you will soon have a new opportunity to buy a new car.

Cheers.

ps: i don't think like you antiroot, i see no one have at least 10% of Schmoozerd motivation here,

ps2: sorry it's my last word in this topic.

People, there is no one here to blame, and I seriously do not like the route towards flames in here.

I can only advise to have a look at what happens on our repositories, and notice that things still move on, and many even faster and better these days than before. Thus. Closed.

Archived