ad.exe requiring build 15050?

Zero

Question

10 answers to this question

Anyone able to get ad.exe and vmapExtractor4.exe to from https://github.com/mangos/server/tree/master/contrib/extractor_binary work extracting for World of Warcraft client 4.3.4 (build 15595). Windows gives me the "has stopped working." error.

Had to grab msvcr100d.dll from dll-files.com and put it into the World of Warcraft directory, which solved an initial error.

I tried to compile them in Linux as well without success.

Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your answer does not seem logical: I compiled my mangos version yesterday using the current source. My WoW client has been patched to 3.3.5a, so it should be compatible. Still. ad.exe does not seem to work with that version. I would expect the error mesage to show the version of the client to be too low, not too high. Or do I have to patch the WoW client further? Then it would not be compatible to the mangos server any more.

Any further explanations?

Thanks in advance

Zero

Sorry, let me try and explain myself a bit better.

Even though you rebuilt mangos, ad.exe does not get rebuilt during this process

- You have to rebuild it manually.

iirc the wolk version ad.exe that is in folders is not the correct version and it has to be rebuilt first

Understood.

I started looking for an option how to rebuild the ad.exe. Simply renaming the ad.exe to ad.exe.old does not do the trick (ok, I guessed so before). I would very much aprreciate you directing me there. Is there an option in the CMAKE configuration?

Thanks

Zero

Zero, the ad.exe error you received is due to having the incorrect server source for the game client you are using ad.exe to extract the server data.

If you pay close attention, the error is saying it requires client 15050, which is Cataclysm 4.3.4.15050. The client you are using is Wrath Of The Lich King 3.3.5.8874, or 3.3.5a.

Cataclysm is now the MaNGOS master branch. For WoTLK, you must pull the source code from the new MaNGOS-wotlk repository instead.

This is a little frustrating as I simply followed the instructions in the sticky thread about setting up the server. Is there an up to date version of it somewhere? Otherwise this is becoming a trial and error trip I would not want to be on.

Thanks

Zero

I am sorry for your trouble, Zero. It may help others to avoid future trouble if you would ask the author of the guide to update his information to accomodate the project changes.

You can get the server for 3.3.5a from the MaNGOS-wotlk repository, located at:

https://github.com/mangos-wotlk

You will need either UDB, PSDB, or YTDB for your server's database and the correct version of ScriptDev2 and ACID for proper Event AI.

Please refer to the stickied topic, "mangos source/projects list", located in the Announcements section, for the links to those project repositories and other MaNGOS versions.

MaNGOS-wotlk does not currently have its own database and scripting projects due to a lack of developers. We would welcome those who wish to work on WoTLK.

Compiling the server, using ad.exe, and the map extractors should work correctly, once you have obtained the proper server components that are compatible with your game client.

I hope I have eased your burden and you will meet with success on your next attempt to create your server. :)

Archived