Correct steps to updating Database.

nvrsbr

Question

7 answers to this question

I wanted to update my Mangos Zero Database and was wondering what the correct steps are?

Also what updates need to be applied from the Mangos Zero source ? (that part is confusing)

Here are what i normally do...

1) Update you mangos source to the latest version, build it , then copy the files to your server.

2) Run mangos and it tell you your current version and the version it requires.

3) Navigate to the sourcecode folder server\\sql\\updates

4) open each file that has a number above the version you have, and apply the updates to your database.

that should be it !!

It seems the Mangos Zero Database has a lot of fixes that I would like to add.

The mangos-zero database currently does not have a defined update set yet, since we feel it does not yet have reached a version 1.0 status. This is currently planned for the end of the month. Afterwards we will start prodiving content update packages between tagged releases.

You could use the old UDW comparison tool, which allows to compare both database structure and content. This should allow you to spot differences between your world database, and the current mangos-zero database.

It seems the Mangos Zero Database has a lot of fixes that I would like to add.

The mangos-zero database currently does not have a defined update set yet, since we feel it does not yet have reached a version 1.0 status. This is currently planned for the end of the month. Afterwards we will start prodiving content update packages between tagged releases.

You could use the old UDW comparison tool, which allows to compare both database structure and content. This should allow you to spot differences between your world database, and the current mangos-zero database.

Sounds great cannot wait for the update packages.

I can wait a month or so for that :D

Thanks a TON and great work!!

Archived