Need help to choose how to update an existing mangos installation

Guest ssj17vegeta_

Question

Hi everyone,

I've been using MangOS for quite some time now (about 3 years with Linux Ubuntu 10.04 / Mangos WOTLK / ScriptDev2 / UDB + a few patches), and I've overall been quite satisfied with it (I'm even beginning to look at the code and testing to implement a few things :D).

I haven't updated for quite some time now, and I've seen quite a bunch of project changes lately : a long inactivity on mangos, followed by a new CMangos fork... (not sure if mentioning it is worth getting my ass handed to me or not xD) then a new "Mangos two" that seems to be the new active branch for WOTLK now.

I've also seen some brand new "database" and "scripts" projects that go with it.

So my questions are :

1. Does the "scripts" sub-project actually replace ScriptDev2 ? ( https://github.com/scriptdev2/scriptdev2 ).

2. Is the "database" sub-project is the "officially" endorsed database project, thus being more up to date / legitimate / blizzlike than UDB or YTDB ? Or is it a "ultimate" mix of both ?

Sorry in advance if my questions sound noobish, I haven't followed the news, and thanks in advance for answering to it x)

1 answer to this question

Hi everyone,

I've been using MangOS for quite some time now (about 3 years with Linux Ubuntu 10.04 / Mangos WOTLK / ScriptDev2 / UDB + a few patches), and I've overall been quite satisfied with it (I'm even beginning to look at the code and testing to implement a few things :D).

I haven't updated for quite some time now, and I've seen quite a bunch of project changes lately : a long inactivity on mangos, followed by a new CMangos fork... (not sure if mentioning it is worth getting my ass handed to me or not xD) then a new "Mangos two" that seems to be the new active branch for WOTLK now.

I've also seen some brand new "database" and "scripts" projects that go with it.

So my questions are :

1. Does the "scripts" sub-project actually replace ScriptDev2 ? ( https://github.com/scriptdev2/scriptdev2 ).

2. Is the "database" sub-project is the "officially" endorsed database project, thus being more up to date / legitimate / blizzlike than UDB or YTDB ? Or is it a "ultimate" mix of both ?

Sorry in advance if my questions sound noobish, I haven't followed the news, and thanks in advance for answering to it x)

Mangos Two is indeed our new fork of Wolk and the database/scripts are replacements of the other offerings.

- You are still able to use these other scripts/databases should you wish too.

The database/scripts provided by Mangos Two will be supported here, the other ones are supported elsewhere.

The new website tries to make this a bit more obvious (check the post about the new website) ;)

Hope this helps

Antz

Archived