[Solved] [Zero] Empty ScriptDev2 & realmD Databases

Araziell

Question

Hello :)

I'm trying to build my own classic WoW server (1.12.1) for the private use with some friends on a LAN Party.

I followed the instructions that are giving in this tutorial of the wiki: https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/WindowsInstallVM

Until the end I could follow every step more or less without any problems but now I'm stuck at step 11) from the section "Configuring Mangos":

11) Right Click on realmlist and select ‘Open Table’

The problem is that the database "realmd" does not contain anything, when i click on the + to open it, the + just vanishes and nothing else happens, e.g. the databse is empty. The same is the case with the ScriptDev2 and Characters Databases.

Now i have found through this step in the tutorial:

"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\MySQL" -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_clear.sql
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\MySQL" -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_full.sql
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\MySQL" -u root -p mangos < scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\MySQL" -u root -p mangos < scriptdev2_script_full.sql

Could it be that the ScriptDev2 database is already contained in the "mangos" database?

However the realmd database would still be empty then and i cant find anything similar to a realmd.sql file :-\

I would really appreciate every help ;D

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

What Madmax said, those files need to be imported into your realmd and scriptdev2 database to create the basic structure for mangos to use. These steps seem to be missing in that guide, to import ie the realmd database structure you should do something like this:

mysql -u root -p realmd < realmd.sql

Archived