FreeBSD Install Guide

bels

Hey all. I filled out some info in the FreeBSD install guide on the wiki (https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/Freebsdinstall). If anyone else runs the server on that OS or has time to test out my install guide I would appreciate feedback. It is minimal and to the point right now but it gets the job done and I was able to produce a working three server following the guide.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I filled out some info in the FreeBSD install guide on the wiki

Hey, that is really awesome. I was just looking to upgrade my FreeBSD virtual machine to FreeBSD 9 for mangos. Do you run mangos there just for testing, or do you run in load, too? Would be interesting to see some stats how it performs during runtime of FreeBSD.

Also, what about all the map tools? Do these build on FreeBSD?

Currently I am using it for testing although I plan on having enough players that it is under some load. Way back in the day when mangos one was the newest thing I ran mangos on FreeBSD under load (normally around 20 players at the same time because it was all my bandwith would allow) and everything worked great.

I have not tried to build the map tools under FreeBSD to see if they work. I would reason they would. It seems like the mangos devs do a fairly good job of not putting linuxisms into the code. TrinityCore on the other hand, I can't build without heavy modification to the code because of all the linuxisms (really gnu'isms) in the code.

I'll do my best to help maintain good FreeBSD support for mangos. But anyway let me know if the guide is good enough for now to get the system built if you get a chance. I'll make it more verbose as time permits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use