[Closed & Solved][Zero] Resource Extraction from 1.12.1 client.

bannor

Question

Hi Guys

Ive started looking into supporting MaNGOS Zero in MaNGOLin but im having a problem in extracting the DBC, Maps, Vmaps etc.

Basically running either the Linux or Windows version of "ad" gives the following message "No Locales Found" and then exits.

And before you ask yes it is the version of ad that comes with the latest git pull of the mangos zero source.

I have tried this on my original enGB Retail CD's client patched to 1.12.1 and also a download enUS 1.12.1 client under both Linux and Windows with the exact same results.

I do not have this problem on the 3.3.5a client I use to create my Mangos Two server which extracts fine.

The one thing I did notice is that both my 1.12 clients do not contain either an \Data\enUS or \Data\enGB subfolders which I have seen referred to sometimes in some posts that turned up on google searches but this could be totally unrelated.

I have consulted the Wiki and checked out various forum posts for a solution but have come up blank, so am i missing something obvious.

2 answers to this question

OK I solved it myself, it was my own stupidity, i have just noticed that my automated script for fetching and building Zero is actually fetching the Two source which obviously is completely wrong and the ad on that code is expecting the Two client and not the Zero client locale layout.

So will mark it [Closed].

Archived