[SOLVED][ZERO] Adding accounts

hanns

Question

Hello folks,

I know this is probably a simple issue that I've overlooked, but I can't find anything useful on it.

I just set up a 0.18.1 server and I'd like to add some accounts. There's a command for it, however its access level is 4, which is higher than I can assign to a game account (even changing an account to level 4 in the DB won't promote it above 3 in-game).

I read that this is meant to be a console command only... problem is, I don't see any console where I'd type this in. Is there some binary other than mangosd.exe and realmd.exe and the map extraction tools that I should have as well?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

In 0.18.1 the console is disabled by default to allow running MaNGOS as service.

You can enable it by editing mangos.conf and set Console.Enable to 1.

According to this post you can't use the demon features anymore once you enabled the console.

Awesome! I didn't even find that other post. I just discovered the miniManager web admin front end which should also handle the job nicely.

Thanks again!

You can only delete accounts with a lower security level than yours. Since you delete as console you've the security level 4, thus you can only delete accounts with level 3 or less. But if the account you want to delete has the level 4 as well, it doesn't work. You must first degrade the account, so you can delete it.

Archived