Playable races ?

Ovoidovich

Question

I'm sure this question has been asked before but here goes.

Which fields/tables need to be modded to add playable races ?

I've googled around and although I found one thread on Modcraft it was out of date and linked to a video that was unavailable

Basically that site was now owned by ad squatters.

I'm aware that I would likely need to mod the client as well as the server side DB.

I'd like to be able to play something like Dragonkin ?

What is the workload needed to be able to pull this idea off ? Is it so much work as to be insurmountable ?

4 answers to this question

Generally this involves modding the actual client files and allow the client to accept them - removing the restriction core side is trivial.

- however, this is not something we can advise on since we are forbidden from providing advice on modifying client files.

Sites like modcraft may be the place to ask that question since they typically have less restrictions than we do

i'll add to that to say that it is possible.

However if you stay within the current defined races in the game, the core and database can be manipulated a lot to suit most needs.

from the simple changing of the display models for a player (I've seen people walking about as onyxia) to much more indepth changes

- these were all done without modding the client files

Archived