[THREE] Database installation

Coolfox

Question

Hey Guys,

I'am completely stuck with installing the Database. Most of wiki's are outdated, or not complete.

So I'am setting up a fresh installation. The Core is compiled, installed, and seems okay.

Then comes the database installation. I have installed the databases from server/sql.

Do I also need to install the updates in the server/sql dir, and what is the meaning of 0.5-0.17.zip?

I have also downloaded the Database. There is no full DB. And using the win *.bat file, is not possible, while the server is remote and have no open sql port

And what about scriptdev?

Honestly i don't know where to start here, for a proper installation.

6 answers to this question

You need four databases, create those in your mysql server.

• realmd
  • characters
  • mangos
  • scriptdev2

In the directory server/sql/ you apply realmd.sql into your realmd database and characters.sql into your characters database.

Now open a command prompt window and navigate into your database folder from the database repository, which you mentioned that you've already downloaded it.

When you're in the same directory as the folder full_db execute the following command in your command prompt.

copy /a full_db\*.sql full_db.sql

Now you can apply the just created full_db.sql into your mangos database.

Afterwards you apply mangos_scriptname_clear.sql and mangos_scriptname_full.sql from the directory server/src/bindings/scripts/sql/ into your mangos database.

And finally you apply scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql and scriptdev2_script_full.sql from the directory server/src/bindings/scripts/sql/ into your scriptdev2 database.

Now you're good to go. Since it is a fresh database install, updates are usually not necessary at this point.

Thank you Hikari.

So if I understand correctly, the installation is different then the two installation.

Still have one little problem that i have to figure out. I need to update the database in mangos/sql/updates folder. i get the error

The table `db_version` in your [WORLD] database indicates that this database is out of date!

[A] You have: --> `12738_01_mangos_spell_template.sql`

You need: --> `12751_01_mangos_phase.sql

When i try to apply 12751_01_mangos_phase.sql i'll get error:

SQL-query:

ALTER TABLE db_version CHANGE COLUMN required_12741_01_mangos required_12751_01_mangos_phase BIT;

#1054 - Unknown column 'required_12741_01_mangos' in 'db_version'

So i think there is need to update all files. The readme gives me a fine explanation how the update structure work.

Do i need, to update them one by one, or is there a simple solution to this?

Thanks in advance

Not quite, MrFreak. Start with the number after [A], because you've [A] already and you don't need to apply it again. It is pretty straightforward. Just apply all files after [A] to 12751_01_mangos_phase.sql. But only files with the name mangos after the number. Sql files which contains realmd or characters in it's name aren't meant to be applied into the world (mangos) database.

database linux importer has been added to database repository, ignore all future warning in importer, it does that work well...

about sql errors, gonna inspect it latelly...

in linux just run:

sh ./install_linux.sh

and enter all required information

on some platforms you may need run it as super administrator (aka sudo)

on windows installer there should be no problems, just double click install_windows.bat

and enter required information

note: database update way still is going to be changed to udb like update method

Archived