Going back To Emerald Dream map with Crazy idea

sinextension

Question

Just a wunt to know a thing...

I have been thinking about that map....on Tbc i made it available..and as u know it looks like crap on the edges and is not quite finished..and:

An idea struck me for an alternative custom area..

Here is my Idea that i would do to my server..is more of a question if is possible..

Well i saw different guides about a software..called Noggit that aloes u to modify the map texture,hills etc...now m thinking...

Does Cataclysm have a finished version of that map in the Dbc and if it Does can it be somehow swapped with this incomplete one...i mean finished..as in just

grass textured and finished on the edges..m not interested in the objects..becose i can use the current ones (i mean the emerald trees,flowers..etc..)

????? m thinking that could save me some tons of hours with noggit..to make it look decent...

And i could create a teleport Npc for that instance area...create some custom Quests inside of it...smth nice..

So m just asking can it be done? would Probably 100 % require a custom client patch...for outside players..to be able to access that content without crashing

So ..? is there a finished version of the map and can it be edited to fit and work in a 2.4.3 emulator trick the server is the same map? :D wut do say?

Lack of sleep gives me all kind of ideas :D

1 answer to this question

the map was never finished - In fact in MOP it became the pandarian mainland instead.

- have you logged onto the covenant fun server, there is already a custom teleport npc along with lots of other goodies

For it to be modified this would be require many custom patches - all if which are illegal to be discussed here, there are entire websites devoted to doing just that.

Archived