MaNGOS Zero CMake error!

Tankinstein

Question

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):

Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)

Call Stack (most recent call first):

C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)

C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindZLIB.cmake:85 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)

CMakeLists.txt:459 (find_package)

Wot do? There is no ZLIB include directory option for me and this saddens me.

is MaNGOS Zero newest version and this is me using CMake

8 answers to this question

in CMake window there should be checkbox "Advanced" or "show advanced" or something like that. when you check it, it will show all options to configure. there are also fields

to insert path to zlib include directory and prompt to zlib lib file.

btw, you should download and install it, zlib, somewhere. There is Wiki page describing process of installation under windows. follow it.

good luck, i failed, switched to linux.

kupix

you have to build ACE first, on their website is a tutorial how to do it. also, on Mangos Wiki instalation for windows page, it is mentioned how to install ACE (you will have to create one file, as i remember and open solution file, proper for you Visual Studio version).

First go to: https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/Windows%20Install

Then pick: https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/MangosZero%2018.1%20Build%20Part%201

Part 1. poit 2. says, that you have to download ACE lib (outdated version but will work)

Part 2. describes, how to build ACE lib. Read this part and you should be able to compile ACE lib.

Besides on ACE web page there is a tutorial (same as on Wiki page) how to build this lib. You can look there too.

kupix

The guide mentioned by kupix above was authored by me and is 100% current.

I wrote the guide while doing an build from scratch and used it again when helping madmax do the same for the covenant servers.

I do have a few minor changes to apply to some of the later sections following user feedback, but the early sections (parts one and two) will be enough to set up the build environment for Zero

Archived