[AI Playerbot] How to compile/install it?

Ikalos

Question

I just found the AI Playerbot by ike3 on the getmangos.eu website and would really be interested in using that for my server.

The last hours I were trying to find somewhere in the web a tutorial or something like that, where it is explained how to run it as it does not come with any useful documentation (at least I did not find any).

I am completely new in this area and am just happy that my Mangos Zero Server is now running (on Windows) without any issues (so far) and I am a bit overextended with installing the AI Playerbot. Is it even possible to implement it afterwards?

On some website there were just some people telling something about "merging" the code and then compile it or something like that.

So it would be really nice if someone would be so kind to tell a complete newbie on this area how I could get AI Playerbot to run on my Mangos Zero Server or maybe post a link to an already existing tutorial.

1 answer to this question

I don't believe there are any tutorials about, however I will attempt to describe how i have done this in the past.

Find a decent file comparison tool (I use beyond Compare)

1) compare the entire trees from both

2) Apply any playerbot updates to the mangos core

3) Fix any errors - This can be the tough bit

4) Build and play ;)

Archived