[SOLVED]Ubuntuinstall [Two]

Necrovoice

Question

Hey everyone I seem to be having some issues following the Ubuntuinstall on the wiki.

Currently I am stuck at

git apply src/bindings/scripts/patches/MaNGOS-*-ScriptDev2.patch

when I run the above I get an error.

fatal: can't open patch 'src/bindings/scripts/patches/MaNGOS-*-ScriptDev2.patch': No such file or directory

I looked in the src/bindings/scripts directory and /patch/ is not listed.

Is this an old install guide or am I missing something?

I also looked at the advice given on the guide

"If you receive an error while applying the patch, just open src/bindings/CMakeList.txt with nano (or any other text editor) and comment out the line add_subdirectory(universal) and uncomment/add the line add_subdirectory(scripts) ."

That CmakeList.txt does not have a add_subdirectory(universal) line to comment out.

Thanks in advance

Your conf files need to be under /opt/mangos/etc, not /opt/mangos/data.

be sure that your mangos.conf sets the DataDir to /opt/mangos/data.

in order to connect to a server you need to have two different processes running, realmd and mangosd.

when you're starting out and want to understand what's going on, I find it best to open two different terminal windows and run one process in each one. Once you get sick of doing that over and over you can move on to using 'screen' and writing a script to automate it.

just type

/opt/mangos/bin/realmd

in one and

/opt/mangos/bin/mangosd

in the other

if everything is configured right, they should both start and you can connect from your client.

If you mean messages as you start worldd but the server still starts, then don't worry about those. It is an indication that something isn't right, but thats at a level that delves into the coding aspect of mangos. Those are things that the developers will need to address. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from learning c++ and fixing them yourself either. ;) Thats my own next step in the learning process.

Archived