MaNGOSPage: Account Registration Page for MaNGOS

MrFreak

Hey,

I did code an account registration page for MaNGOS and it's called 'MaNGOSPage'. If you put this script on your webserver and change the database (db) details you got a working website to register accounts online!

Link to the script: https://github.com/mangostools/MaNGOSPage

If you have suggestions to improve the script, feel free to write me! If you have troubles or errors while setting it up I will help you.

Hey MrFreak, that's a nice page you put up.

Since the purpose of MaNGOS is to learn, I played with it a litte and managed to add multilanguage support (default english and now german optional).

If you want to add this to your script, send me a message and I'll toss it over.

I also wondered why admins can set a specific gameversion, but users can register for another. So I'm working on a second version of my mod where the admin sets the gameversion in the configfile and the page registers only with that gameversion.

Regards, altehupe

The option for the admin to set the gameversion came after the option for the user to choose the expansion. I kept the user choice in because sometimes there are users who don't want to play all the available expansions but maybe only to TBC. So they can choose which expansion they can play with.

Multiple language support will come by default but only after I added a login system with one or two ingame options in the interface then.

You can send me the changes you made but as explained above I don't think that I will take them in yet. If you see a fallacy in my gameversion statement feel free to correct me.

Thanks for your feedback!

• 4 years later...

This is the php script I use on daggerspine of course the one on my website is heavily modified but this is a working script for both Mangos and TC that I come across a while back I can not remember who did it the original code is not my own hope its helpful, 

just goto Inc folder and edit db settings there and set what version of game you are using and your ready to go very simple to edit too.

http://www.psd-designs.com/files/registration.zip

Edited by WpgnGaming

3 hours ago, WpgnGaming said:

This is the php script I use on daggerspine of course the one on my website is heavily modified but this is a working script for both Mangos and TC that I come across a while back I can not remember who did it the original code is not my own hope its helpful, 

just goto Inc folder and edit db settings there and set what version of game you are using and your ready to go very simple to edit too.

http://www.psd-designs.com/files/registration.zip

<?php

include('inc/settings.php');

try
{
    $con = new PDO('mysql:host=' . $config['HOST'] . ';dbname=' . $config['DB'] . ';charset=UTF8', $config['USER'], $config['PASS']);
}
catch(PDOException $e)
{
    die($e->getMessage());
}

?>
<?php

$config = array(
    'HOST' => '127.0.0.1',
    'USER' => 'NAME',
    'PASS' => 'PASSWORD',
    'DB'   => 'auth',
    'CORE' => ''
);

// General Settings
define('EXPANSION', 1); // 1 = Vanilla / 2 = TBC / 3 = WOTLK
define('REALMLIST', 'set realmlist logon.DOMAINNAME.com');

// Google ReCaptcha Settings
define('CAPTCHA_SECRET', '');
define('CAPTCHA_CLIENT_ID', '');

// Message Settings
define('SUCCESS_MESSAGE', 'Successfully Registered!');

?>

Ok what do I add where?

Edited by Lamron333

Config your server database info I would make a 2nd db account for web script with limited access to make it harder for hackers.

$config = array(
    'HOST' => '127.0.0.1', // DOMAIN OR IP TO YOUR SERVER OR HOST THAT HAS DATABASE INSTALLED ON IT
    'USER' => 'NAME', // DATABASE USERNAME
    'PASS' => 'PASSWORD', // DATABASE PASSWORD
    'DB'   => 'auth', // DATABASE YOU WANT TO USE ITS NORMAL auth.
    'CORE' => '' // and script core mangos /or trinity this can be left blank.
);

• 1 year later...

this was last year I think, the files were deleted then lost when my hard drive died

I have my own site based on old wow site here https://daggerspine.co.uk/preview/ I may release the full thing as my server is now dead due to wow classic, all the scripts work from online users to current userbase / account signup and donations

Edited by WpgnGaming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...