I'm Atheistzilla; Hello all!

Hey guys, my name is Justin, thought my display name is Atheistzilla. :)

I'm an avid programmer, going to school for Comp Sci, and in the mean time, I wanted to find a project that I could work on and contribute to.

I'm a Java programmer, but I've come to the conclusion If I want to get really anywhere INTERESTING in this career field, I may as well learn C++, so I'm here, plus I love MMO's with a passion. Played WoW since patch 3.3 (I know, still a nub in terms time. Oh well)

Anyways, just wondering where I start and is there a timeline or roadmap of things that need to get done? (:

Nice talking to everyone!

Hi Atheistzilla and welcome to Mangos.

There are lots of areas that need work. I would initially take a look at the issue tracker and if you spot something that you think you can fix.... go for it :D

Failing that, compile and build a server and run and play on it.

- Make a note of the issues you find and attempt to fix them !

I know I have just made that sound far too easy :)

Welcome to MaNGOS, Atheistzilla! :)

Antz won't steer you wrong. He's not only a nice guy, he's one of the absolute best MaNGOS developers I've ever known!

Three is a good place to start. Most of our official development is focused on Cata and MoP, at this time. Both need a lot of attention so you'll have plenty of work.

If you do good work and can be a team player, there may come a day when you'll find an invite to join our Dev Team in your inbox. :cool:

Archived