MaNGOS Server Issue, Wont connect to realm!

user9

Question

Hello everyone, this past days I've been compiling a Mangos Three server, and everything worked fine on local. But when making it public, so friends can connect through noip, stops working. I mean, me(as local) and my friends(from internet) can see the realm, and reach but stuck at realm selection, we cannot enter en character selection screen. The realm name appears on the realm list in orange color, and loops on realm selection.

Im sure my configs are fine, bindip to "0.0.0.0". All ports open and forwarded on router (from 1024 to 66535 or whichever is the highest), firewall disabled, antivir disabled. Host file:

127.0.0.1 localhost

::1 localhost

127.0.0.1 (my noip address)

192.168.0.10 (my noip address)

(external ip) (my noip address)

Realmlist in realmd database is correctly set to noip address.

I hope you can help me, I've searched in tons of forums and none of the solutions helped me, tried to compile the server thrice but always same problem.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

Realmlist in realmd database is correctly set to noip address.

And here is your problem.

The Cataclysm client requires mandatory an IP address. Either you set your public IP address into your realmlist database table or you could try shlainn's workaround.

I've searched in tons of forums [..]

Apparently not enough or with the wrong key words. There are many threads regarding this issue.

And here is your problem.

The Cataclysm client requires mandatory an IP address. Either you set your public IP address into your realmlist database table or you could try shlainn's workaround.

Lol cannot believe that was the problem, thank you a lot. I've found that threads now, I didnt searched with the correct key words because I rly didnt knew which was the problem.

Another little question would be now how to carry with that ip-method because I have dynamic IP :S

Either you apply the above linked code snipped with GIT or you do it manually.

If manually, you'll find all necessary information in the code snipped. Plus sign (+) means an added line, minus (-) a removed line. Read and work carefully and you should have no problems.

Once the patch is applied, re-compile your core.

Archived