Apply a diff patch with tortoiseGIT

Hi, first, i'm sorry for wrong using search function and if there is a tutorial who explain that I answer...

This is because i'm french with rough english and there is complicated to understand !

My question is easy (not for me but I hope for you...) I wan't to apply in my DB, a patch with TortoiseGIT, but I don't know how to do this, and there is ANY explanation in french I can found.

So, please, can anyone explain this to me ? Don't care to use difficults terms, I can use the magic-translator-of-death :lol.

PS : The patch I wan't to apply gives to me on this post : http://getmangos.eu/community/showt...1542#post61542

Khamul~

• 39 years later...

Yes but you tell me to use search function to find how to use GIT, but i've only find how to install - Make your own core etc etc, not a definite answer to apply a diff patch since you install the programme point by point t_t.

Do you have few time to explain to me... ? /pray

Edit : On GIT or Tortoise don't care, I just wan't to apply this f*cking patch in my DB t_t.

Yes but you tell me to use search function to find how to use GIT, but i've only find how to install - Make your own core etc etc, not a definite answer to apply a diff patch since you install the programme point by point t_t.

Do you have few time to explain to me... ? /pray

Edit : On GIT or Tortoise don't care, I just wan't to apply this f*cking patch in my DB t_t.

I've seen a direct command for it about .. 17 times on this forum, perhaps more. Try looking at the SCM section.

Of course I find the command there is 2 :

$ git am .../path/file.diff

$ git apply .../path/file.patch

But that I don't understand is how git apply this patch in the DB of my serv if I don't give his the path ?

And also, on another post, one tell me to save a pastebin file in a .patch, so I did it and try to apply with :

Result : fatal: can't open patch 'path/file' : No such file or directory

So, I think I can try with a .diff file, so I rename the file with file.diff and try apply with :

Result : Fatal: can't open patch 'path/file' : No such file or directory

I try lot of things like / and \\ between path, get it directly on my hard disk to have a short path and minimize error possibility, that always give me the same error.

And since 3 days of searching in this forum, I have some difficulty to find anything. So before tell me I'm a dumb who don't use the search function, try search something in a french forum.

you know for what ../path/file.diff stands? this is only a dummy-path, you have to replace it with the path to your own patch/diff file.

and again: the db updates are NOT the patch/diff files! you CAN NOT apply a database change (sql) with git am or git apply

@searching in french forums: i'm able to do it...

Yes when I get ".../path/patch.diff" is to replace my own, the true path I get is C:/Documents and Settings/etc etc. But always this error : No such file or directory

I think that come from "directory" beacause the file is here, so I tell you what I do since I install GIT.

-Reading tutorial for install GIT.

-Install it

-Open GIT Bash

-In the GIT bash I write what I tell you above

(

But that I don't understand is how git apply this patch in the DB of my serv if I don't give his the path ?

And also, on another post, one tell me to save a pastebin file in a .patch, so I did it and try to apply with :

Result : fatal: can't open patch 'path/file' : No such file or directory

So, I think I can try with a .diff file, so I rename the file with file.diff and try apply with :

Result : Fatal: can't open patch 'path/file' : No such file or directory

)

Thank you for your help and I'm sorry for aggressivity, after 3 days of mind-scrapping searching I'm about to kill myself...