MangosTwo 0.18 Rev 12578- to the latest -MangosTwo Develop21- version

Black Shadow

Question

My question is building up on this question:

I just upgraded from -MangosTwo 0.18 Rev 12578- to the latest -MangosTwo Develop21- version and it won't run with my old characters/realmd databases. I tried applying the SQL update files outa Character/Updates/Rel18+20+12 and Realm/Updates/Rel18+19+20+21 but with no success unfortunatly, some of the later ones abort with error messages and mangosd.exe will either refuse to start due to wrong database info or crash while booting up.

I am not sure what I am missing :/ - it would be awesome to get some quick help as we would love to play some WoW with our v0.18 characters on a network party next weekend. Thank you in advance!!

6 answers to this question

I will be back later but if you want to add me to skype xmark202 I can take a look at this for you.

You will need teamviewer on the server in question and be prepared for me to make changes to the database for me to investigate this.

I will be around in 5-6 hours time of this post.

I will be back later but if you want to add me to skype xmark202 I can take a look at this for you.

You will need teamviewer on the server in question and be prepared for me to make changes to the database for me to investigate this.

I will be around in 5-6 hours time of this post.

Hi madmax!

thank you all for helping me trying to fix this! Another one out of your team already messaged me as well and we found out so far that actually I am not updating from 0.18 but a much earlier version 0.15 to be specific. I am currently in the process of trying to get all the missing sql update files for database & realm out of the online archives and applying them as that is most likely the reason the later updates failed at some point.

The problem I am currently facing is that the 0.15 update "8874_01_characters_character_skills.sql" gives me the following error message when trying to apply it:

Query:

INSERT INTO character_skills SELECT

guid,

((SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 610+3*i))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 610+3*i+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 610+3*i)) - 1)) & 0xFFFF) as skill,

(SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 610+3*i+1))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 610+3*i+2))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 610+3*i+1)) - 1)) as value,

(0) as max,

i

FROM characters, temp_skills

Error occured at:2016-01-27 03:57:40

Line no.:35

Error Code: 1048 - Column 'skill' cannot be null

Unfortunatly I'll be at work around the timeframe you mentioned but will add you to skype and maybe we can find another time that works as well. I will be back in about 7-8 hours from now on... Thanks!

Update:

after some heavy modifications on the '0.15\8874_01_characters_character_skills.sql' file I am currently stuck on '0.16\09246_01_characters_character.sql' with following error message. Hope it'll get better with the later update files - I understand the version I am upgrading from is really old so I didn't expect it to be easy...

Query:

UPDATE characters SET

arenaPoints = arena_pending_points +

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1278))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1278+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1278)) - 1),

totalHonorPoints =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1277))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1277+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1277)) - 1),

todayHonorPoints =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1226))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1226+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1226)) - 1),

yesterdayHonorPoints =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1227))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1227+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1227)) - 1),

totalKills =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1228))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1228+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1228)) - 1),

todayKills =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1225))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1225+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1225)) - 1) & 0x0000FFFF,

yesterdayKills =

(SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1225))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1225+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1225)) - 1) & 0xFFFF0000) >> 16,

chosenTitle =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 321))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 321+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 321)) - 1),

knownCurrencies =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 632))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 632+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 632)) - 1),

watchedFaction =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1230))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1230+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 1230)) - 1),

drunk =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 155))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 155+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 155)) - 1) & 0xFFFE,

health =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 23))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 23+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 23)) - 1),

power1 =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 24))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 24+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 24)) - 1),

power2 =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 25))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 25+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 25)) - 1),

power3 =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 26))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 26+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 26)) - 1),

power4 =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 27))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 27+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 27)) - 1),

power5 =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 28))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 28+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 28)) - 1),

power6 =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 29))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 29+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 29)) - 1),

power7 =

SUBSTRING(data, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 30))+2, length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 30+1))- length(SUBSTRING_INDEX(data, ' ', 30)) - 1)

Error occured at:2016-01-28 02:40:13

Line no.:62

Error Code: 1048 - Column 'arenaPoints' cannot be null

Archived