Change lvl 40 mount reqs, how to refresh vendors?

Wryshu

Question

I figured out how to change lvl 40 mounts to Lvl 10 and make them /10 cheaper.

update item_template 
set BuyPrice = (BuyPrice/10), ItemLevel=10, RequiredLevel=10
where spellcategory_1=330 and (RequiredLevel=40 and RequiredLevel=40);

My question is: How do I now refresh or reload all the vendors now selling the original version of these items?

I've also updated the mangosd.conf to make skill available at level 10 and more affordable.

MountCost                                 = 1000
TrainMountCost                            = 9000
MinTrainMountLevel                        = 10

The problem is that player can see riding skill available and have enough silver, but cannot train. Also the vendor prices for mounts remain unchanged after updating item_template and restarting server

p.s.

Here is how to change back to normal:

update item_template 
set BuyPrice = (BuyPrice*10), ItemLevel=40, RequiredLevel=40
where spellcategory_1=330 and (RequiredLevel=10 and RequiredLevel=10);

1 answer to this question

A good finding for a start. I describe here the evident issues of the solution.

• The config file mangosd.conf is meant for server administartors knowing neither about DB, nor about core sources. However, it is flexible enough (and is becoming more) to allow desired in-game experience. The 5 parameters of interests are MinTrainMountLevel, [Epic]MountCost, Train[Epic]MountCost. However, they will not change the item cost.
  • This changes some DB fields which must not be changed. The values of such "WDB verified" field came directly in packets from offy servers. List of such fields you can find here for 3.3.5. No big differences to the classic. So, the changes are antiblizzlike and as such will be considered unacceptable by (lot of) developers, including me for example.
  • Your SQL queries are not reapplicable. You need to remember how many times you applied a query. If not, you risk to finish with zero bying cost of the items, when your "restorative back" query will be unable to help.

To update your items at vendors, each player has to clean the client cache in the WDB/ client folder. I think the itemcache.wdb file is responsible. It is a reckoning for changing WDB verified fields.

Archived