Playerbot command reference FAQ difficulties

donkeybucket

Question

Hi,

I've been trying to mess about with playerbots using a recently compiled (about 2 weeks ago) rel21 mzero (after the "Fix playerbot module building" update for playerbots). I am using the "PlayerBot AI Commands" sticky in the "MaNGOS Information/Frequently asked questions" forum for help.

I am having difficulty getting the "co" commands to work with a lvl30 warrior char (warbot) I made for bot use. The bot has prot talents and all spells etc. I have tested the warbot in RFC and it stays in battlestance and only uses battlestance abilities. This is what I am doing: (bot is at same location, default conf)

".bot add warbot" -> success

So I try to add tank strategy - using the faq I should use "orders combat" command, but that does not work and is not listed from the context help when I try. So I try using "co" commands, that I found from "http://ike3.github.io/mangosbot/"

"~co ?" -> (whisper reply to bot after bot greeting)

"Strategies: aoe, attack weak, cast time, chat, conserve mana, default, dps, duel, portions, pvp, racials, threat" -> warbot reply

I then try to add a tank strategy:

"~co tank aoe" -> whisper to warbot

<no response>

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working? Am I doing anything obviously wrong?

Any advice appreciated - I've looked at the source but as far as I can tell "~co tank" or "~co tank aoe" should work but it doesn't...

Thanks in advance :)

1 answer to this question

OK solved it - found another command reference doc which showed correct usage:

How to control bots * LordPsyan/LordPsyanBots Wiki * GitHub

(This is a fork of ike3's playerbots, and some commands might not be compatible, but it does list usage info)

So (using default prefix ~ for whisper commands, can be removed in conf):

"~co +tank aoe" -> is the correct usage to add combat order tank aoe ("-" can be used to remove strats, and "~" can be used to toggle)

eg.

"~co -tank" to remove tank strat or "~co ~attack weak" to toggle (if exist remove, if noexist add)

Hopefully this will help others like me in same boat!

*EDIT* - don't know how I missed this : MaNGOS-Bot

Archived