Goals for 2019
For 2019 the following are what we would like to achieve:
- Release Version 22 for Zero, One, Two and Three containing all the recent updates and fixes we have.
- Redo the server commands to make them a bit more standard and obvious.
- Break out AHBot into its own daemon process
- Develop a mangos update daemon, which allows the ability to apply DB content and minor updates automatically
- Normalise the character DB and remove data blob fields
- Move some hardcoded values from the core into the DB, possibly some enums as well.
- Implement Stormlib library for Zero, One and Two and remove mlib
- Apply the Unified Extractor to Three and Four (requires stormlib)
- Look at removing DBC usage from the Core and change the extraction process to include importing into a DB for use by the core. Including Multiple locale support. This would facilitate the removal of stormlib / mlib from the core and only be needed by the extraction tools.
- Look at Adapting EAI to match SAI functionality.
As well as some of the more obvious ones:
- Continue to standardise the code across the cores where its appropriate to do so. Document where it differs and why.
- Clear down reported bugs on the Project Tracker.
- Improve the World Database with updates and corrections.
- Improve the Wiki Documentation.
- Include some example Eluna scripts to assist those starting out learning to script with Eluna.
- Include some custom Eluna scripts to help showcase it's abilities.
Finally, we would like to get into a twice yearly Release cycle of more major releases.
MangosVB (Formerly Spurious) RoadMap for 2017
- Add RealmDB from c++ Mangos and modifying MangosVB to be compatible with it. Once done, this will be linked via a git submodule
- Work out how to get MangosVB to use the standard Mangos map format.
- Finishing warden functionality (so it can use/read signatures from DB)
- Merge all of the changes from Zero to One and Two
- Investigate into voice functionality for One / Two
- Doing spells.. implementing them like stealth and getting a proper DB script system in place.