Previous entry on this issue: https://www.getmangos.eu/bug-tracker/mangos-zero/archived-reports/Discuss-adding-options-for-wor-r316/
So I have been running the Covenant-WoW servers now for a few months with the living world enabled on both Classic and TBC.
Issues identified: To much CPU usage and to much RAM usage.
Suggested additions needed to "LoadAllGridsOnMaps"
Add some presets:
Load all city grids
- Keeps all city NPCs loaded in every city at all times.
Load all sanctuary's
- Keeps any city marked as a Sanctuary loaded at all times.
Load all towns
- Keeps all towns loaded at all times.
- Load all NPCs with pathing (waypoints) set, in world maps (0,1,530) and so on.
- Load all city grids
- Add ability to load individual grids along aide maps "LoadGrids" option.
Load grids based on player position
- Loads grids within 2 grids of a player.
Add NPC override option in the database
- Give an NPC the ability to load regardless of the grids status it is on. This would force the grid to load and be treated as a "LoadGrids".
If we get to a point with transports working with NPCs I would like to see transports exempt from the grid setting and always loaded. They have so little NPCs on them they should always be loaded regardless of anything else. //discuss