Cannot start mangosd

DaMadBoy

Question

Hello everyone. I seem to be having trouble getting my mangos daemon to start. I have followed the instructions perfectly and everything is built fine including the data. Realm daemon starts fine but the moment I start mangos it all loads then right after the soap thread starts everything just stops. World updater stops, soap stops then the whole process halts. Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

I tried disabling soap and warden, same thing happens.

I am using linux mint 18.1 with MariaDB

Any help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Please compile mangosd in debug mode (add -DDEBUG=1 to cmake invocation), start it with gdb attached (gdb mangosd) and after it stops, issue a "thread bt" in gdb to see what causes this anomaly. Eventually, send us the gdb output.

On 05/16/2017 at 10:06 AM, H0zen said:

Please compile mangosd in debug mode (add -DDEBUG=1 to cmake invocation), start it with gdb attached (gdb mangosd) and after it stops, issue a "thread bt" in gdb to see what causes this anomaly. Eventually, send us the gdb output.

I tried compiling it in debug mode as suggested and installed coredump on my linux machine. Using gdb I get nothing and no coredump files are produced. Which is strange because cmangos always produces a coredump when it crashes which I can use to run bt on. :S

On the bright side the log is now saying soap is enabled but not installed however it still stops when I disable it.

Edit 1: Ok so after some tweaking I can get mangosd to run inside gdb if I change the data dir to ./data but as soon as I run it from systemctl it doesn't find the files.

Then if I change the data dir to /home/mangos/two/bin/data it finds the files and loads using systemctl but halts right after it finishes loading everything.

Edit 2: Ok so Mangosd loads if I also run it directly in the terminal using ./mangosd but still won't load using systemctl. I'll just fiddle around with it until I figure it out.

19 minutes ago, Talendrys said:

Hello,

Indeed, you're right. Another user reported the exact same issue, see here:

In fact, the guides need an update:

Tal'

Awesome. Thanks. I didn't see your post until right now but I appreciate the reply.

Archived