Portable/preinstalled builds of MaNGOS

Stas Iva

Question

I apologize in advance for stupid or wrong question, but is here a portable or preinstalled builds of getMaNGOS One getMaNGOS  Two?
I am a noob/lamer and i want just to unpack and run server, with minimal setup like extracting maps, vmaps, etc and w/o all this complicated stuff from "installation guide" for Harvard graduates.  
Note: Build is intended only for offline gaming. Currently i play on some ancient (2005 year) build (Mangos Rev 6412+ScriptDev2 Rev 535) for WOW 2.4.3. and there is some bugs (hunter pets don't level).
Yesterday i have found this site and was amazed that people still update MaNGOS for 2.4.3 and even vanilla. I started followng installation instructions but found them frustrating. 
Maybe there is a guide how to create a portable build of getMaNGOS ?
Interested in no less than 2.4.3 version, but 3.3.5 would be great too.
Could you please help me?

P.S. Zero results for search query "portable"

3 answers to this question

Hey there,

You can find prebuilt cores here - https://www.getmangos.eu/downloads/

Two is here - 

You will need to still extract the maps,vmaps,dbc and mmaps yourself (it is ilegal to host those).

You will need to setup the database etc aswell.

With the prebuilt cores the only thing done is the server files are compiled and database files are together.

Some guides you would need if using this download:

21 hours ago, madmax said:

Hey there,

You can find prebuilt cores here - https://www.getmangos.eu/downloads/

Two is here - 

You will need to still extract the maps,vmaps,dbc and mmaps yourself (it is ilegal to host those).

You will need to setup the database etc aswell.

With the prebuilt cores the only thing done is the server files are compiled and database files are together.

Some guides you would need if using this download:

Thanks for your reply, but i've read those guides and tried to complete them.

Those guides offer installation/configuration of shitloads of software, cloning server from github, compiling it, etc, which means they are not "ready to use". Hence they are neither portable nor preinstalled.
I understand that those "repacks" (Zero, One, Two) has to be used by testers and developers, not by regular casual players.
I was asking about "download, unpack and run" approach (like all those Denwer-based MaNGOS repacks), not "download, unpack, mess up, get frustrated, fu*k all this sh*t".  :-)
Most butthurt was caused by installation of 15 Gb of VisualStudio. Why on Earth do i need 15Gb software for 15Mb server?
(Btw - installation on Linux is waaay more simple and easy, than on Windows.)

I need just to run a local server. What steps from the installation guide can i skip? Location of all required software in ONE folder is HIGHLY preferrable. Can i get rid from that stupid VisialStudio in first place? 

Sorry for my English - i am not a native speaker.

Thank you.

Archived