Hello MaNGOS Community,

I am a former WoW player, having played from patch 1.6 until the very end of Cataclysm.  I tried Mists and Legion for a short while each, but it just doesn't feel the same.  I enjoyed playing classic WoW for a while after that, but the constant shutdowns and drama eventually killed my motivation, and I finally moved on.

I recently completed a degree in Computer Science, and am now working on my Masters in Software Engineering.  Oddly enough, I feel that I'm severely lacking in development experience, which is causing me problems with things such as internships.  To solve this problem, I need to get some real world experience and some Github links I can add to my resume.

I've always been interested in MaNGOS but never felt like my skills were up to par with what it would take to work with it.  I am now trying to make a serious effort to understand the code base so I can start making some contributions.  I also like the general attitude of the project here, and I feel this would be a good place to put my years of WoW experience to use in a way that would benefit the game more than just playing ever could.

Thanks for all the years of effort to bring this project where it is today, and I look forward to working with all of you in the near future!

• Like 1

Hi hexsorceror!

I recently shifted careers from a PhD student in Biology to a new CS student, and I'm also hoping to use MaNGOS to learn new skills and get a better understanding of an open-source project. 

You clearly have *far* more CS understanding than I do, but if you'd like to talk and maybe try to explore this behemoth together, I'd be open to that. 

My Skype is keener101x, and my discord is keener#5934. 

Welcome :)

I've started with basic spell bugfixing, then I grew up into other areas of Mangos.

This is a never ending learning, the curve is quite high. :)

Tal'