A question about develop sd3 script

cloudfox

Question

hi everyone

i have a question about sd3 script,please teach me~~: )

i saw those sd3 scripts in ./server/src/modules/SD3/scripts .

when i easybuild the src,it generate a dir named 'serverTwo_build', and i can't find those sd3 scripts in '.\serverTwo_build\src\modules\SD3'

so it confused me, this serverTwo_build if for VS2010 to complie to exe file.how can i fix some boss's bug by program that boss's script in VS2010 if 'serverTwo_build' has no sd3 script?

so basicly tell me how can i develop sd3 script,and debug it . i really want to make Dungen's bosses move and behave right  . thanks

i

2 answers to this question

You edit all code in ./server/src/
You do not edit anything in .\serverTwo_build\src
The .\serverTwo_build\src is generated just for the building process and it uses the ./server/src/ for building. This is why .\serverTwo_build does not need to contain what ./server/ contains.

When you download your source code, you do all edits you need in that same folder.
For debugging you need to compile the core in debug instead of release and then start the server and open up the sln file in visual studio. You can find the sln file probably inside serverTwo_build. After opening the sln you can see at the top the debug menu. Inside it select attach to process and select the mangosd.exe that you started up earlier.

5 hours ago, Rochet2 said:

You edit all code in ./server/src/
You do not edit anything in .\serverTwo_build\src
The .\serverTwo_build\src is generated just for the building process and it uses the ./server/src/ for building. This is why .\serverTwo_build does not need to contain what ./server/ contains.

When you download your source code, you do all edits you need in that same folder.
For debugging you need to compile the core in debug instead of release and then start the server and open up the sln file in visual studio. You can find the sln file probably inside serverTwo_build. After opening the sln you can see at the top the debug menu. Inside it select attach to process and select the mangosd.exe that you started up earlier.

thank you for telling me ,now i understand it~: )

Archived