So... about getting started....

bujashaka

The procedure depends on what you wish to achieve.

The download section contains pre-built server and extractor binaries. Then you will have no need in the EasyBuild, which, as follows from its name, is used to build the project from the source code. In the later case, use a tutorial (like this one) with a lot of links.

Thanks for reply. I do have game up and running. I just didin't installed it with easybuild for the first time. I'm not sure how do i make updates to the game.

If i modify code in visual studio or if i modify database with MYSQL workbench.

Do i just repeat the install steps, recompile it, run the sql like installing? what? not sure.

I made some updates to the code but they don't seem to have an effect after server restart and play.... Yes i tried like, redo the install steps.... =(

Thanks.

If you make changes to the core in visual studio, recompile and just replace the mangosd.exe with the new one.

If you make changes to the database it might mean you have future issues with db updates. If the changes are fixing something to make it more blizzard like, then submit them either in a pull request over GitHub or via the bug-tracker and we will have them put in for everyone :)

So i have cmake... i configure, i generate... open in visual studio... i compile it.

Only thing i need to do is replace mangosd.exe? i know realmd.exe and mangosd.exe are for communicating with client.

and yes i mean just editing the .cpp or .h files.

I'm just learning and getting familiar where everything is... learning to apply updates, changes etc... Very interested to join team also but i'm not much of help before i learn more.

Archived