Howdy!

whooperdiddle

Stopped in to say hello and thank you for having me. 

Currently I am running a Vanilla server that I compiled from CMangos on Github (no connections from outside the home network) and I spent may days on this site getting help so I thought it best to speak up and stop lurking :)    Been into IT for some time, I like to tinker and learn, so that brought me down this path as I do like Pre-Cata Wow.  My weak point in databases and scripting, so I figure why not test on some VM's.

Nice to meet you all!

Hi whooperdiddle,

Nice to hear from you !

Cmangos is fork of MaNGOS and as such their code has divulged from ours over the years so we are unable to offer support - Perhaps their website ?

If you grab the Mangos versions of the same cores from github, we should be able to help you here.
- We have a knowledgable and friendly team not to mention community of like minded users.

Antz

12 hours ago, antz said:

Hi whooperdiddle,

Nice to hear from you !

Cmangos is fork of MaNGOS and as such their code has divulged from ours over the years so we are unable to offer support - Perhaps their website ?

If you grab the Mangos versions of the same cores from github, we should be able to help you here.
- We have a knowledgable and friendly team not to mention community of like minded users.

Antz

Hi Antz!

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated. 

While googling for answers to multiple questions I began to ask myself, I am nowhere near a programmer or database person, I kept seeing MadMax, yourself and others popping up on this and other sites.  They kept leading me back to this site so I put a stake in it and called it home.

I really had no issues with the Cmangos Vanilla build as I got it up in running (a lot of luck went into it :) ), but when I decided to build a WOTLK server I pulled out all the hair I had remaining.  This is not the forum for technical so I shall stop there and post a question on their forum if I decide to go back to that build.

I have decided I am going to reset my VM with the Cmangos WOTLK build and try to build the Mangos Two Server from here.  I will try to read up on it some more and give it a go.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Whopper

• 1 month later...

Archived