Stuck on connected

Rash Putin

Question

Hi everyone

First of all, excuse the technical errors in terminology or whatever - I am very new and inexperienced in this!

I've been trying to get a local server to work for a few days now. I am able to start mangosd.exe, realmd.exe and the MySQL.bat files. They all seem to be initializing successfully. However when I try to log into my server I get stuck on "Connected" with just the cancel button available. If I press that, I get thrown back into the realmlist. If I don't press it, then after about 20 seconds I get thrown back to the login screen with a disconnected message. The following is what is output to the realmd terminal:

[AuthChallenge] Account 'ADMIN' using IP '127.0.0.1' is using 'enUS' locale (0)
[AuthChallenge] Account 'ADMIN' using IP '127.0.0.1' successfully authenticated

Any advice on that matter would be greatly appreciated. :)

2 answers to this question

Hey Rash, I made an account to help you out with this. A guy named Fyre on the discord helped me solve this exact issue just now, so I thought I'd help you (or anyone with the same problem) out.

First, download HeidiSQL. It will make things a LOT easier for you, and don't worry - it's simple to use and download.

Once you've installed HeidiSQL, Start up your SQL bat file (the one in your repack folder), but don't start the realmd or mangosd yet. Now that the SQL is running, open HeidiSQL and click "New" at bottom left. Name it whatever you want and look to the section on the right, "Settings" - within the settings section, simply find the empty Password field and type in "root" (no quotes, obviously). Everything else should already be in order. Now click open and it will connect to your repack folder. 

Now you'll see a list of things on the left, such as "information_schema", "characters", and "logs". Find the one that says "realmd" (2nd from bottom), and go into that. Now look for "address", should be the 3rd column. Change that to your iPv4 address, which you can find by going to www.whatismyip.com. Now save. Don't change anything else, keep your "realmlist.wtf" as 127.0.0.1. 

Voila, hopefully that worked for you as well as it did for me!

bum558

53 minutes ago, bum558 said:

Hey Rash, I made an account to help you out with this. A guy named Fyre on the discord helped me solve this exact issue just now, so I thought I'd help you (or anyone with the same problem) out.

First, download HeidiSQL. It will make things a LOT easier for you, and don't worry - it's simple to use and download.

Once you've installed HeidiSQL, Start up your SQL bat file (the one in your repack folder), but don't start the realmd or mangosd yet. Now that the SQL is running, open HeidiSQL and click "New" at bottom left. Name it whatever you want and look to the section on the right, "Settings" - within the settings section, simply find the empty Password field and type in "root" (no quotes, obviously). Everything else should already be in order. Now click open and it will connect to your repack folder. 

Now you'll see a list of things on the left, such as "information_schema", "characters", and "logs". Find the one that says "realmd" (2nd from bottom), and go into that. Now look for "address", should be the 3rd column. Change that to your iPv4 address, which you can find by going to www.whatismyip.com. Now save. Don't change anything else, keep your "realmlist.wtf" as 127.0.0.1. 

Voila, hopefully that worked for you as well as it did for me!

bum558

You are an amazing human being. I am now able to connect with no issues at all! Thank you so much for your time and I really appreciate your very detailed instructions. 

I wish you all the best! :)

Archived