Can't login. Stuck at "Realm Selection"

mtp1032

Question

I am running Mangoszero on localhost (client and server on same PC). A week ago I could login with no problem. Today I tried to login and the screen is stuck on the Realm Selection screen. Just to be clear here is the sequence of steps:

Start the Client:

1. Enter Credentials (Username and Password) - Success!
  2. Realm and language menu screen. Choose English, select realm style (Normal), and click <Suggest Realm> button
  3. Popup assigning me to the selected realm is displayed. Click <Accept>
  4. "Logging into Game server" popup is displayed for a few seconds.
  5. Realm Selection Screen is displayed.  Select realm (again)
  6. Repeat 4 and 5

Any suggestions as to what's going on?

Thanks,

Edited by mtp1032
Simplify and clarify steps to repro the problem

5 answers to this question

I figured it out. Had to go into the DB and change the localaddress to the external ip address.

USE yourrealmdb;
SELECT * FROm realmlist;
UPDATE realmlist SET localAddress='yourexternalIP' WHERE id=1;
UPDATE realmlist SET address='yourexternalIP' WHERE id=1;

Also update your conf files to reflect the external IP. I think you can leave them I believe. Try the above before you edit the files.

18 hours ago, nalok said:

I figured it out. Had to go into the DB and change the localaddress to the external ip address.

USE yourrealmdb;
SELECT * FROm realmlist;
UPDATE realmlist SET localAddress='yourexternalIP' WHERE id=1;
UPDATE realmlist SET address='yourexternalIP' WHERE id=1;

Also update your conf files to reflect the external IP. I think you can leave them I believe. Try the above before you edit the files.

Thanks. Got it to work. I really appreciate it.

Anything? 

Based on the sequence of events during the attempted login (see above), the client successfully authenticates with the server. Am I safe in concluding that my realmlist.wtf is not the problem?

Thanks

P.S. Sorry for the nag, but this problem is driving me craze. Oh, and client and server files are NOT read-only.

Edited by mtp1032

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use