[Help] Implementing Vehicles

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well today c++ is the best way to get your pice to work but where a lot of people work on one poject sometimes the styles get in the way of the code and the whole thing gets more complicated as it really is.

By the way good to know your compiling on windows cause i'm working on my linux machine and won't get some errors you get :D

well today c++ is the best way to get your pice to work but where a lot of people work on one poject sometimes the styles get in the way of the code and the whole thing gets more complicated as it really is.

By the way good to know your compiling on windows cause i'm working on my linux machine and won't get some errors you get :D

How true...and yes I'm working with both x86 and x64 on Windows Server 2003 and 2008 but compiling on Windows 7 x64 with VS Pro 2008, I hope this helps you with figuring out the differences.

How true...and yes I'm working with both x86 and x64 on Windows Server 2003 and 2008 but compiling on Windows 7 x64 with VS Pro 2008, I hope this helps you with figuring out the differences.

well, the more info's the better the result but i think i fixed the problem now last compile attempt running so far.i hate this new way of getting the guid over the map object the vehicle is on :D

EDIT: finally this worked out well for me on unix hope this is the same for you, if not just report the bug and i'll try to find and fix it link

ok Just compiled and here's the build log thats affected:

1 ) Object.cpp

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1663) : error C2039: 'SummonVehicle' : is not a member of 'WorldObject'

c:\\mangossrc\\src\\game\\Object.h(352) : see declaration of 'WorldObject'

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1667) : error C3861: 'GetMap': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1669) : error C3861: 'GetTypeId': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1670) : error C2673: 'SummonVehicle' : global functions do not have 'this' pointers

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1670) : error C2227: left of '->GetTeam' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1672) : error C3861: 'GetPhaseMask': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1679) : error C3861: 'GetClosePoint': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1693) : error C2673: 'SummonVehicle' : global functions do not have 'this' pointers

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1693) : error C2227: left of '->AI' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1693) : error C3861: 'GetTypeId': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1694) : error C2673: 'SummonVehicle' : global functions do not have 'this' pointers

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1694) : error C2227: left of '->AI' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

..\\..\\src\\game\\Object.cpp(1694) : error C2227: left of '->JustSummoned' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

2) SpellHandler.cpp

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellHandler.cpp(587) : error C2039: 'SummonVehicle' : is not a member of 'Player'

c:\\mangossrc\\src\\game\\Player.h(1006) : see declaration of 'Player'

SpellEffects.cpp

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(148) : error C2039: 'EffectDamageBuilding' : is not a member of 'Spell'

c:\\mangossrc\\src\\game\\Spell.h(213) : see declaration of 'Spell'

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(148) : error C2065: 'EffectDamageBuilding' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(3354) : error C3861: 'EffectSummonVehicle': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(3411) : error C3861: 'EffectSummonVehicle': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6968) : error C2039: 'EffectSummonVehicle' : is not a member of 'Spell'

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6970) : error C2065: 'm_spellInfo' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6970) : error C2227: left of '->EffectMiscValue' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6976) : error C2065: 'm_targets' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6976) : error C2228: left of '.m_targetMask' must have class/struct/union

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6979) : error C2065: 'm_targets' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6979) : error C2228: left of '.m_destX' must have class/struct/union

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6980) : error C2065: 'm_targets' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6980) : error C2228: left of '.m_destY' must have class/struct/union

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6981) : error C2065: 'm_targets' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6981) : error C2228: left of '.m_destZ' must have class/struct/union

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6985) : error C2065: 'm_caster' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6985) : error C2227: left of '->GetClosePoint' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6987) : error C2065: 'm_caster' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6987) : error C2227: left of '->SummonVehicle' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6987) : error C2065: 'm_caster' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6987) : error C2227: left of '->GetOrientation' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6991) : error C2065: 'm_spellInfo' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6991) : error C2227: left of '->Id' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6992) : error C2065: 'm_caster' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6992) : error C2227: left of '->GetGUID' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6994) : error C2065: 'damage' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6996) : error C2065: 'm_caster' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6996) : error C2227: left of '->CastSpell' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6996) : error C2065: 'damage' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6997) : error C2065: 'm_caster' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6997) : error C2227: left of '->EnterVehicle' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(6999) : error C2065: 'm_spellInfo' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(7004) : error C2039: 'EffectDamageBuilding' : is not a member of 'Spell'

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(7006) : error C2065: 'gameObjTarget' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(7009) : error C2065: 'gameObjTarget' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(7009) : error C2227: left of '->GetGoType' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(7013) : error C2065: 'gameObjTarget' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(7013) : error C2227: left of '->DealSiegeDamage' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\game\\SpellEffects.cpp(7013) : error C2065: 'damage' : undeclared identifier

Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\game__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

game - 53 error(s), 0 warning(s)

That was under x86 build.:(

don't worry i got it working for current revision and will send patch soon or open git repo...

but i realized something changed with packages sent there ... player is standing on motor bike instead of sitting etc.

someone got some usefull hint getting this to work for current client?

i already tried working with updatevisualbits and smsg packages but did not work :-/ still standing on that damn bike lika an acrobatic

if this is done we can continue with generic dbc use getting rid of those table data

@DaemonCantor:Was this patched and build with clean gitrepo or are there any other patches in your version of the data? well thems like a lot off the new pointers that i used aren't recognized on windows build

This was a clean build with only vehicles patched it because of all the problems I've been having with it.

I have a second build that I'm waiting on a good build of the vehicles to patch in and it's ready at ahbot, Dual Spec.:D

Patch for [8722]

Author: Netsky

Link : http://www.file-upload.net/download-1966455/0001-Vehicle-Patch.patch.html

needed SQL : http://www.file-upload.net/download-1966904/mangos_vehicle_sql.zip.html

Notes :

- Visual Bytes are not yet properly updated

- still working on generic DBC support

Edit : pastebin did not support as many lines as were needed -> link changed

Ok NetSky heres what I got on Compile in x86:

Creating library .\\script__Win32_Release/MaNGOSScript.lib and object .\\script__Win32_Release/MaNGOSScript.exp

Embedding manifest...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

script - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 6 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

This was with Kaxias's Dual_Specialization branch, Naicisum's ahbot branch and Corfin's new Pet branch in place before patching and compile :D Now comes the fun of testing and debugging the live core. :eek:

Thank you so very much!

ok I've done a live run on the cores and found they work and are stable but I was only on for 10 mins, but I'll be testing more later. Now to get Dual Spec fully working??? Trainers don't have the gossip listed for training.

Thank you NetSky,

My Dual Spec is now working as well as the Vehicles!:D

Next I'm going to try and go thru the DBC's and see if I can get more of the Vehicles working and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get the Travelers Tundra Mammoth to work but I think some of that will have to be scripted :rolleyes:

Who knows....I'm better at the DB's than coding anyways :lol: but I'll be shure to post what I find here for everyone's benifit.

Thank you NetSky,

My Dual Spec is now working as well as the Vehicles!:D

Next I'm going to try and go thru the DBC's and see if I can get more of the Vehicles working and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get the Travelers Tundra Mammoth to work but I think some of that will have to be scripted :rolleyes:

Who knows....I'm better at the DB's than coding anyways :lol: but I'll be shure to post what I find here for everyone's benifit.

no need to do this you just got to look for spellclick data vehicle data will be dbc supported soon

Hey Guys, I have been looking but could not find it does anyone know where the 8587 Mangos patch is for this? (That is for 3.1.3 Client).

I have a custom build of Mangos 8587 and would like to use a patch file to implement this feature.... Can anyone help me out, I really appreciate it!

By the way, player vehicles ( multipassager mounts) are done quite differently, If you have any questions I might be able to answer them ( I'm now testing code, and things look quite promising...)

This is one of the things I'm trying to figure out as well I look at the DBC's and see a lot of info that's not contained in the Vehicles branch and thinking that a new table is going to be needed along with scripting and core support....hmmmm

did a little diggin again today for Tournament Stables...and discovered a nasty little overlooked item, conferming that the first lance you receive at the Tournament confers an aura or a spell but no it kicks a serverside script on Blizzards server then I went to checking more and found over 3/4 of the vehicles used other than wintergrasp are run by serverside scripts. I hope this little tidbit of info helps in getting the vehicles fully functioning, I would like to do the Tournament again.

hello i've got a load error from my core there :

ObjectMgr::ConvertCreatureAddonAuras+59

005547D9 00000000 ObjectMgr::LoadCreatureAddons+1D9

There is in this part of code :

void ObjectMgr::ConvertCreatureAddonAuras(CreatureDataAddon* addon, char const* table, char const* guidEntryStr)
{
   // Now add the auras, format "spellid effectindex spellid effectindex..."
   char *p,*s;
   std::vector<int> val;
   s=p=(char*)reinterpret_cast<char const*>(addon->auras);
   if(p)
   {
       while (p[0]!=0)  // Crash there while loading
       {
           ++p;

Any idea to resolve this problème ?

NetSky Ur SQL patch does'nt finish correctly.

The Problem is on the SQL patch there :

REPLACE INTO creature_template_addon VALUES

(28670, 0, 50331648, 1, 0, 1024, 156, NULL, '53112 0 53112 1');

(28312, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 117, '28319 7', NULL);

(32627, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 117, '32629 7', NULL);

(28319, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 116, NULL, NULL);

(32629, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 116, NULL, NULL);

(28094, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 106, NULL, NULL);

(29929, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 210, NULL, NULL);

(28782, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 200, NULL, NULL);

All those queries make a crash, it crash where vehicle_id != 0

Error found :

uint32 vehicle_id;
CreatureDataAddonPassengers const* passengers;          // loaded as char* "entry1 seatid1 entry2 seatid2 ... 

are not in the same order as the patch => crash.

hello i've got a load error from my core there :

1) What revision do you have?

2) how are you patching it? for example

patch -p1 < patchname.patch 

3) What OS is it compiling under?

4) Are you running any other patches?

I've inserted the patch into rev 8736, its compiling as i type. Ill post results as soon as i can.