Playerbot (archive)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not true. i.e. try this: summon a bot w/ a pet and use the .die command on it. this action = CRASH :mad:

i have got this exact same crash elsewhere(i can tell from the crash report, they are identical) in different scenarios but this is the one constant. i have tested this on playerbot branch w/ NO SD2 & custom patches and UDB 381 w/ NO custom addons, i only updated the db with the standard mangos sql updates...basically a "vanilla" playerbot with a "vanilla" UDB so yes this is a big problem

I'm sorry to tell you, ive tryed different pets. from warlock to hunter and even temp. summoned pets.

but i never had one single crash.

Only thing driving me nuts are the opcode errors i recieve in my console, which in no way is related to this patch! But i just had to get it out of my system :)

@rrtn: Ok the weird movement is cause bots are same as players. And player class is never setting the monster movement flag anywhere. But this flag is needed to let the unit appear to run, walk backward, etc. Think we have to implement it on our own for the PlayerbotAI class. Somehow we should check howthe bot is moving and set the movement flag to the correct state...

my only question about this statement is if you ommit the code introduced in the "problem commit" the bots movement is completely normal.

oh yea, off topic. i hope you and your jaw are fellling much better now :) meant to post that a few comments ago, oops...better late than never :rolleyes:

@rrtn: Thx. Jaw is fine now. Next wednesday the doc takes the stitches out. :D And what exactly do you mean by 'problem commit' and which part of code should be omitted to let the movement appear right?!?!

[Edit]: btw... do you have any crashes with Playerbot after last changes?

@rrtn: Thx. Jaw is fine now. Next wednesday the doc takes the stitches out. :D And what exactly do you mean by 'problem commit' and which part of code should be omitted to let the movement appear right?!?!

about the crash fix sry, been busy and havent compiled it since that push but will report back asap.

as for trouble shooting the movement issues what i did was generate a patch from the playerbot branch @ commit 8076 (a commit prior to the one you made), applied it to the latest mangos rev and the bots behave regularly plus they teleport to you when add them and you dont have to type "follow" to get them next to you(the way it is currently). basically its just these minor issues i posted before

2.(minor) odd bot movement: the behaviour on bot movement is not always normal

3.(minor) add bot=no teleport to you: the bot when added to the world stay were they where last only

and of course thx again Runsttren :)

Update:

- added support for combat orders 'assist' and 'protect'

- added text comand 'orders' - bot will whisper orders and status

- bot will set movement order to follow master on creation

What changed:

The '/p orders' is mainly for debugging or status checking on bots. It will tell you current combat and movement orders and one or two more other things. The COs for assist and protect are implemented within PlayerbotAI::GetCombatTarget (which is called every update cycle spend in combat). For the COs tank and heal there is more to do within the PlayerbotClassAIs. I.e. warrior should change stance to defense, cast Sunder Armor, Thunder Clap, etc... or as an example for CO heal a priest should just concentrate on healing and preventing threat.

Known bugs:

Sometimes bots do not react properly after combat. They stay around not going back to follow even if movement order is on follow. After some minutes they start to follow again... is this a timer issue?!?!

@rrtn: ahhhh u mean the big reprogramming I did for combat and movement orders! Yes, well, I did recode most of the movement and combat stuff within PlayerbotAI :) I did hope to get everything right in my first commit, but I didn't...

Update:

- added support for combat orders 'assist' and 'protect'

- added text comand 'orders' - bot will whisper orders and status

- bot will set movement order to follow master on creation

What changed:

The '/p orders' is mainly for debugging or status checking on bots. It will tell you current combat and movement orders and one or two more other things. The COs for assist and protect are implemented within PlayerbotAI::GetCombatTarget (which is called every update cycle spend in combat). For the COs tank and heal there is more to do within the PlayerbotClassAIs. I.e. warrior should change stance to defense, cast Sunder Armor, Thunder Clap, etc... or as an example for CO heal a priest should just concentrate on healing and preventing threat.

Known bugs:

Sometimes bots do not react properly after combat. They stay around not going back to follow even if movement order is on follow. After some minutes they start to follow again... is this a timer issue?!?!

@rrtn: ahhhh u mean the big reprogramming I did for combat and movement orders! Yes, well, I did recode most of the movement and combat stuff within PlayerbotAI :) I did hope to get everything right in my first commit, but I didn't...

and again thx a ton Runsttren :)

i finally got off my "git-ass" and pushed my AI fixes ;)

i forgot to push the mangos_command_bot.sql

oh well no biggy do when i have more stuf to test/add. for those interested all it is a toggle for is a gm level toggle

INSERT INTO `command`(`name`,`security`,`help`) values ('bot',0,'Syntax: .bot [$command] [$playername]\\r\\n\\r\\nadd [$playername] or remove [$playername]');

k, im compiling the latest playerbot :)

just thinkin' of this: you know what would be great if we could reorder the out of combat actions

case in point lets say after a long/hard battle with a boss + others there is a good chance that when the fight is over your bots and you have curses, damage spells, draining spells still on them, so the problem is is that they will die while looting the dead victims. meaning it would be more logical if after combat has eneded they will group heal, remove curses & remove drain spells and only after begin looting...what do you think?

sounds like a good idea :) of course it is a good thing to first remove curses and heal others. Maybe a PlayerbotClassAI function like DoAfterCombat() what will explicitly check for this stuff and only when nothing is to be done the bot state will be set to loot

Yeah, well, the issue with loot is not that easy to solve. We have to implement a way to tell the bot what it should roll for or not. That's not that easy to handle. For now just set your looting to Master Loot and assign loot as your think its best for your bots.

Update:

- added emote '/point' to make bots attack selected target if possible

- added output of delay timer to text command 'orders'

2nd Update:

- fixed a bug in my last commit (now using time(0) instead of mktime(0))

Well, what can i say Runsttren?...Brilliant!...just plain brilliant! crash issue resolved. i just merged the latest mangos with playerbot branch and i cannot crash it :) and im really tryin' :)

hello everyone !

woo my first post !

1st, i really wanted to say "great work" to the community.

it looks like you guys are very friendly and i like the attitude on these forums a lot.

2nd, i got a "straight" MaNGOS to work with the guide, so im happy.

but when i saw the playerbot branch, i had to try it !

:)

so i got the source at git://github.com/playerbot/mangos.git and compiled it.

i assume, tho, that i have some .sql to add to the dB for it to work ?

one of my friend prefers trinity, and he had 2 .sql files to add.

i see this mangos_botguy.sql file, i was wondering if it was what i was looking for.

and if so, in the characters DB ?

or do i simply restore from dump the files in the sql folder ?

i've made it this far, i dont want to mess it up !

hehe

tank you VERY much everyone

;)

First of all, welcome to the forums biggui!

Normally you just have to follow the installation guide on the wiki (found at: http://wiki.github.com/playerbot/mangos - it's also the how to use documentation). But also you should use UDB , ScriptDev2 and Acid to get the full thing. But that's just an advice. You will be able to use the playerbot features with just the plain MaNGOS core. And it's as easy as making various chars and summon them as bots (see wiki)

Have fun!

Tried pulling playerbot with the latest mangos [8208] and got a merge conflict error with WorldSession.cpp

k, i merged playerbot to the latest mangos rev. i did some work on the hunter & priest classes. another thing i wasnt so sure about, but did, was made bots quieter. the talking bots a great for debugging but if you are playing with other real people its sucks digging through every bot action theyve done to find your friends message :( however, it is a nice perk so i just limited them to less common/rare scenarios, like the priest casting scream rather than say the priest casting renew which fills your whole chat log with "I'm casting renew." for miles :o

Yeah. I think we should implement some configuartion variables in the near future to control some values like debuglevel, follow distance, etc., because my main purpose is debugging the bot actions. I mostly need the whispers by the bots :) With a log level variable we can control this per server basis.

But also you should use UDB , ScriptDev2 and Acid to get the full thing. But that's just an advice.

Have fun!

i'm sure you dont realise how much reading this sentence implies for a noob !

hehe ^_^

i'm getting there, i'm having a lot of fun.

checked out the SD2 folder, now i'm going to compile MaNGOS, then sd2, then apply the sql's.

i have trouble finding ACID tho, i think i found a sql (version 3.0) it that it ?

still learning how to apply a patch with GiT at the moment...

i can'T stop ! its like a drug !

thanks alot again !

edit : found that : http://www.scriptdev2.com/acid-3-0-t4502.html?t=4502&highlight=ACID

moar work to do !

Sorry if this sounds harsh in any way, but... I do not think this is the right place to start as a 'noob' (I hate this word, btw) and also not the right place to discuss how to compile everything and patch the db. Will PM you about this anyway to get you on the right way ;)

hello everyone !

so i got the source at git://github.com/playerbot/mangos.git and compiled it.

i assume, tho, that i have some .sql to add to the dB for it to work ?

one of my friend prefers trinity, and he had 2 .sql files to add.

i see this mangos_botguy.sql file, i was wondering if it was what i was looking for.

and if so, in the characters DB ?

or do i simply restore from dump the files in the sql folder ?

i've made it this far, i dont want to mess it up !

hehe

tank you VERY much everyone

;)

heres some help on the 2 sql's :)

1. mangos_botguy.sql - provides an npc with a menu of your available characters for recruiting as a bot. basically it uses the add/remove commands for you. type .npc add 99002 to spawn him ;)

2. mangos_command_bot.sql - provides a command table entry so if you only want bots to be accessed by gm's and not players:

INSERT INTO `command`(`name`,`security`,`help`) values ('bot',[b][color=green]0[/color][/b],'Syntax: .bot [$command] [$playername]\\r\\n\\r\\nadd [$playername] or remove [$playername]');

change 0(player level) to 1, 2 or 3(gm levels)